Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Get involved

Fancy hosting one of our General Chats, or getting involved with the community in another way? Let us know here.
2 of 2 < >

Post of The Month (July)

Aidan is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey Lucie,

You say you're still on medication and have had lots of therapy? Maybe it's a matter of revisiting old coping techniques and anything else like that, that therapy taught you?

And Drea is absolutely right! Even someone with everything material that they could ever want isn't insusceptible to mental illness. Any sex, race, age, class; it doesn't discriminate...
"
(Click for full post)
See more
See less

It's hard.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's hard.

knowing that my main coping mechanism is no longer helping. Hearing what the social worker said really stuck to me,it's been months but I've always functioned semi denial because it prevented me from becoming too affiliated with my diagnosis, it's hard because I don't want to go back and I'm going back. I'm not going to be rendered sick or helpless.I want to be okay and I've been okay before.

12 days clean and despite having other ideas I've not acted on them.

Originally posted by Salix alba View Post
    knowing that my main coping mechanism is no longer helping. Hearing what the social worker said really stuck to me,it's been months but I've always functioned semi denial because it prevented me from becoming too affiliated with my diagnosis, it's hard because I don't want to go back and I'm going back. I'm not going to be rendered sick or helpless.I want to be okay and I've been okay before.

12 days clean and despite having other ideas I've not acted on them.
    That's amazing!! Well done x

Comment

Butterfly23 Thank youuuu!

Comment

Hey Salix, I just wanted to echo what Butterfly said. That's great. Well done! You can do this, I know you can!
        "Truely independent person who doesn't do quotes, just dates".. (29.04.17)

Comment

Huge props, Salix! That's amazing. Loving your determination.

Someone sent me this recently and it feels appropriate to share with you:

Taking care of yourself takes care of more than just yourself.

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
          X