Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Missing posts

UPDATE: We've now got a plan in place to restore some of these missing posts, so anything missing may pop up over the next month!

Thanks so much for your patience while we restore these posts
2 of 2 < >

Post of The Month (May)

Horsemad is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community:

"Hey lost sense,
I've had several MRI scan on my head and back i look at it as a huge ring doungnut that your going through the middle. You will has a thing over your head and will have earphones on they will speak to you through them a erasure you, I gave them my phone so they could play my playlist I was given a panic button so if I felt panicky I could press it and they would stop and get me out xx.."
(Click for full post)
See more
See less

Autism

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autism

Hi .
    So I got diagnosed with higher functioning autism formerly asperges, on Wednesday. I have a limited understanding of autism and only know from my perspective what it is like. I wonder if anyone on here has a similar diagnosis?

I have applied to go onto a post diagnosis hour session.
    Hope you have a nice day.
    Turtle

Hey hey! I have aspergers (ASD)

Louisa
    Keep strong and remember who you are!

Comment

hey Louisa thats cool to know someone else. sorry i am finding it difficult to deal with the feelings side of being diagnosed.
      hope all is ok with you

Comment

I was diagnosed with high functioning autism last month, I get how you feel about it. I've been able to deal with it by thinking that I've always been like this, it's who I am, I'm different and that's ok.
        Alice xx

Comment

Hi Alice,
          Thanks for your reply and for understanding. I really liked your point of view and its something i will try to live by.

Comment

I was waiting for a diagnosis of autism, but I decided, 'hey, well it doesn't matter what label I have, I'm just the same, with the same problems and differences and traits, and that's amazing!'
            And I'm no longer having it seen too, and that's okay.

So basically, I may or may not be autistic, or this and that or the other, but what I always am and always will be, is me. 'Me' is the only label I'll live with.
            SUCCESS is not final, FAILURE is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts

Comment

Hi aidan thanks for your reply yeah i got the diagnosis to help me be understood by others. But i like your idea of not having a label

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
              X