Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Chat surveys: final call

Now chat is back, we'll be closing our two chat surveys. They'll be open until Tuesday morning, so if you haven't had your say yet about the chat guidelines or about the new Tuesday general chat, now's your last chance!

Look forward to hearing your thoughts

- The Mix Team
2 of 2 < >

Post of The Month (July)

Aidan is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey Lucie,

You say you're still on medication and have had lots of therapy? Maybe it's a matter of revisiting old coping techniques and anything else like that, that therapy taught you?

And Drea is absolutely right! Even someone with everything material that they could ever want isn't insusceptible to mental illness. Any sex, race, age, class; it doesn't discriminate...
"
(Click for full post)
See more
See less

😭😭

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evie Rose I'm always here for you, I know what you are feeling, ive sent you a PM so message me if you ever need to chat, let me know how you are getting on. I know how hard this situation is for you as ive been through it too and I just want you to know that you don't have to go through it alone. Everyone on the mix is here for you so if you have anything on your mind then feel free to put up a thread or send a PM to someone. I am always here for you remember that

Comment

We know it's not a straight forward decision, it never is. But if it's the right choice for you right now, then don't feel bad about it.

I suppose it's normal to be scared? Abortions are safe, but I'm guessing that's not all you're worried about.

We'll be here to support you always : )
      SUCCESS is not final, FAILURE is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts

Comment

its something i keep trying to put to the back of my mind but i can't and im finding it so hard. i keep breaking down in tears but i know its the right decision. if i was in a better situation myself i would keep it but theirs no way i can raise a child right now. its such a heartbreaking and difficult decision and im so so so scared of whats to come. i really wish i never face this situation again becuase im struggling so much. Ive had the urges to self harm, ive started to really really hate myself again and for sure not eating much at all.ive even thought about ending my own life.. its just so hard with all the stress i have going on already.. this.. this has pushed me over the edge

Comment

Hi Evie Rose. I know you must be finding this so hard but remember people are always here if you need anything. Sorry to hear that you keep breaking down in tears about it but if you know its the right decision then there is nothing to worry about. I felt exactly the same when I made the decision and I was scared of doing it too. It is still hard for me even after it happened. I hope you don't end up with this situation again! I lost my first child and that's why I felt I couldn't have another child. I'm always here for you x Please don't harm yourself and please continue to eat as you don't want to make youre health worse. I know for a fact what ive been through has been hard and I did stop myself eating and now I'm underweight and could end up back into hospital anytime soon. I'm always here if you need to open up about anything, take care x

Comment

Evie, this must be so overwhelming for you. Sending lots of love : )

Even if it is the right decision, I know it doesn't make it any easier, but I hope it makes you feel better knowing there are people to support you through it. You always have us, and also charities like Brook if we aren't enough. Don't be scared to turn to your family or friends for support.

Please, I know you're stressed by everything going on, but always doing something will keep you distracted from these urges. Don't hate yourself, please. And you aren't a bad person for going through with this. All these feelings wouldn't dissappear just because you have a child, so getting an abortion was probably the best thing you could have done. I would have done the same, if I was in your shoes.

Hope you're okay, but it's perfectly fine not to be. How are you doing now?
            SUCCESS is not final, FAILURE is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts

Comment

Originally posted by Aidan View Post
              Evie, this must be so overwhelming for you. Sending lots of love : )

Even if it is the right decision, I know it doesn't make it any easier, but I hope it makes you feel better knowing there are people to support you through it. You always have us, and also charities like Brook if we aren't enough. Don't be scared to turn to your family or friends for support.

Please, I know you're stressed by everything going on, but always doing something will keep you distracted from these urges. Don't hate yourself, please. And you aren't a bad person for going through with this. All these feelings wouldn't dissappear just because you have a child, so getting an abortion was probably the best thing you could have done. I would have done the same, if I was in your shoes.

Hope you're okay, but it's perfectly fine not to be. How are you doing now?

not doing great. i have work on a few hours and i feel so rubbish physically and mentally

Comment

I can't do this anymore

Comment

Sorry I didn't reply yesterday, I was having a bit of a 'can't do this anymore' moment too.

We're always here for you. And you can do it. You're so much stronger than you think you are. And we can't be strong all of the time anyway. I'm sure Laura would really want to reply as well, if only she hadn't ended up in A&E with her foot again.

Always here if you want to talk, really hope things get better for you soon

Comment

Hi Evie Rose- please be strong try and do this, I'm always here for you right now, I know this whole situation must be hard because ive been through the same, always send me a PM if you need some advice/support.

​Hi Aidan- I'm here for you as well Aidan. I'm here for you and Evie Rose right now. What a nice reply and I hope it helps EvieRose. All I'm going to say is that we cant always be strong everyone has a minute when things get tough. Don't worry about me being in A and E I'm fine.

Comment

i seriously can't cope with this anymore

Comment

You're stronger than you think, you can so do this!
                        It won't last forever, you will come out of this an even stronger person

We're always here for you : )

Comment

I'm sorry

Comment

What are you apologising for? Don't, it's okay. How are you doing right now?

Comment

Hey Evie,

It's okay that you're feeling this way, what you're going through is so hard for anyone to go through. You've been so brave to open up about how you're feeling and what you're going through, and also taking all these steps to get advice and support to help you make a decision. It's so nice to see the support for you here and like they've mentioned, we'll always be here for you on the boards to talk things through

If you ever feel things are getting too much or you need more support that we can offer on the boards, there's some great support services out there:

Samaritans - are available 24/7 to talk through anything anyone's going through you can all them on 116 123 or email them at jo@samaritans.org

Papyrus - can be contacted on 0800 068 41 41 or emailed at pat@papyrus-uk.org or text at 07786 209697

Im Alive are an online crisis network that can offer you advice and support if you are in crisis or considering suicide

Stay strong Evie

- Aife

Comment

Hi Evie Rose. You are a strong person and I know you can get through this. Always here if you need anything.

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                                X