Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse

Post of The Month (July)

Aidan is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey Lucie,

You say you're still on medication and have had lots of therapy? Maybe it's a matter of revisiting old coping techniques and anything else like that, that therapy taught you?

And Drea is absolutely right! Even someone with everything material that they could ever want isn't insusceptible to mental illness. Any sex, race, age, class; it doesn't discriminate...
"
(Click for full post)
See more
See less

Nearly 7 months on after losing my friend and still hurts loads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nearly 7 months on after losing my friend and still hurts loads

So as some of you may know. I lost my friend on Sep 6th 2016 in a car accident. Even to this day it still hurts as if it just happened. Is it normal to feel like this?
    ​I guess it hurts me to me then other of my friends because I did go through a car accident back in 2015 where I lost my child so that's always a flashback when I think about my friend!

​Need as much support as possible right now as still finding things really difficult

Hi Laura,

Sorry to hear about what's happened,I lost some one a few weeks ago and I empathise with you. Loosing some one is never easy and grief manifests in different ways,even though it's not always obvious and do you know what, it's absolutely normal to feel the way you do because grief has no time scale. It makes complete sense and what makes it harder is the circumstance in which both loved ones so there's the added pain.

Sometimes it doesn't feel real and sometimes it's all too much to comprehend but all you know is that it hurts. You're doing something that's very good and talking about it. It's that's probably one of the best things you could be doing right now instead of keeping it all in. I finally managed to talk to someone today and felt bit better so I know how much talking helps.

Take as much time as you need, everything you are feeling is warranted and by all means valid. Not everyday is going to be a good day but I can tell that you're fighter and you'll get through it (in your own time of course).

V
    Last edited by Salix alba; 04-04-2017, 01:20 AM.
    "It's always about what you believe in. We believe that you should never give up, you should challenge everything you know and jump in way over your head" -Anatoly Zabruskov

Comment

Hi Notagainvitelina. Thanks for the reply. Its so hard with what happened even with it being so long ago. So sorry to hear you lost someone a few weeks, always here for you if u need to chat, just send me a PM. I'm glad u said its normal to feel the way I do that makes me feel slightly better. Yeh it still doesn't feel real that she has gone and will never come back! Its hard for me to talk about but I felt I couldn't keep it to myself any longer!!! Thanks for saying I'm a fighter, I'm trying its never easy! Always here for you too. Take a long at some of my other threads when u can x thanks x

Comment

I read your message and teared up a bit, I've cried enough today lol

I'll have a look at some of your threads and please, don't be afraid to post how you're feeling or how you're getting along, even if it's good or not so good because you don't have to go through this alone x

V
        "It's always about what you believe in. We believe that you should never give up, you should challenge everything you know and jump in way over your head" -Anatoly Zabruskov

Comment

Sorry ti hear this. I can't say I know how you feel but we are here for you. And only can imagine how much it hurts. But youre very strong. Keep posting if it helps we are here yo support you.
          The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide you are not going to stay where you are

Comment

Hi. Thanks for getting back to me. Sorry to hear you have been crying today, I have too!!! always here if u need to chat to someone. Thanks for looking at some of my threads means a lot. Thanks for saying I don't have to go through this alone means a lot and ill post on here with how I'm getting on when I get the time! Ive got work 7-4;30 the next 2 days and probably 11-8;30 on Thursday and I go away on Friday-Monday. Ill always reply when I can so drop me a message if you ever need anything. Need to try and sleep now considering I got to be up at 5;45!!!!

Comment

Hi Shaunie. Thanks for the reply. Thanks for saying people are here for me, that means a lot. It hurts so much and I'm trying to be strong but its not easy. thanks for saying I'm a strong person means a lot. I will keep posting as it does helps, thanks

Comment

Hi Laura,
                There's nothing unnatural about grief, and it's completely true that it has no time frame.
                Somebody said once that grief is just loving somebody even after they've gone- so it's a really powerful emotion.

One thing I try to do when I get really low about someone passing, is I try not to imagine what life would be like if they were still here. It can be hard, but imagining them still being here is only torturing yourself because it seems so happy- and then it hits you that they aren't here anymore and they never will be again. I wasn't sure if this was something you'd find helpful, but I find it helps me a little.

Remember, don't feel guilty about trying to have fun or get on with life- you can still remember someone without letting it control your life. Stay strong, we're all here for you, get in touch whenever you can because we're all here xx
                😊
                SUCCESS is not final, FAILURE is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts

Comment

Hi Aidan. Sorry it taken so long to reply but things have been hard for me recently. I'm still struggling to cope with the loss of my friend from September but also since the 2 weeks ago I lost another friend. Thanks for the advice. I'm trying to stay strong but its not that easy when I have so much going on at the moment

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                  X