Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse

Post of The Month (July)

Aidan is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey Lucie,

You say you're still on medication and have had lots of therapy? Maybe it's a matter of revisiting old coping techniques and anything else like that, that therapy taught you?

And Drea is absolutely right! Even someone with everything material that they could ever want isn't insusceptible to mental illness. Any sex, race, age, class; it doesn't discriminate...
"
(Click for full post)
See more
See less

Achievements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Achievements

A place to share achievements!

Here's mine: Today I shared the intrusive thought that I have been panicking about more than any other intrusive thought for the past two months with the one person I was most frightened to tell. My worst fears were that they were going to think that I'm a bad person and that I would feel even worse than I've already been feeling after telling them. The opposite happened - they didn't even understand why I would think that they would think badly of me and I feel a lot better now. I'm baffled at how much anxiety can twist things in my mind but it's given me the confidence that my other anxiety fears will turn out not to be true.

Hi Sam! ✋
    Just wanna say, I think this is an excellent idea for a thread! And well done for sharing your intrusive thoughts, I get intrusive thoughts but I've learnt that they aren't important, and aren't a reflection of who I really am. As for something I've achieved... 🤔 ...

A few days ago I registered for some online forum for posting your worries to random internet people. I thought everyone would be awful and reject me or ignore me or scrutinise me for my problems, but they all turned out to be nice, caring people with similar issues to me and with very good advice. My social anxiety would have prevented me from doing that in the past. That's what I achieved.

Plot twist: if you're reading this, you've achieved that too 😮

Let's keep this thread going guys, I think we linger too much on what we haven't or think we can't achieve more than on what we actually have
    😊
    SUCCESS is not final, FAILURE is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts

Comment

I got an unconditional offer for a great university this week if i make it my firm choice :D I was crying at like 3am (when i read the email) because i was so happy LOL. It's part of a high achievers thingy and so I also have a higher chance of getting a scholarship (an extra 1-2k per year) if I chose to accept that offer. Took a LOAD off my mind let me tell you ahaha.

So my achievement is..qualififying for an unconditonal offer in the first place :D
      Why didn't you just shout i'm lonely and i'm looking for a place to go ~ Where everything's an embrace and everybody wants to know

Comment

Well done! Fingers crossed for you at uni
        Anywhere nice? (this is where you'll probably say cambridge and I'll shrink into nothingness xD)
        SUCCESS is not final, FAILURE is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts

Comment

Originally posted by Aidan View Post
          Well done! Fingers crossed for you at uni
          Anywhere nice? (this is where you'll probably say cambridge and I'll shrink into nothingness xD)
          Thank you !!

And pfft, nope..not a russel group, though I have a conditional offer from a russel group uni too (university of leeds) xD
          My unconditional is at Coventry Univsersity :D
          Why didn't you just shout i'm lonely and i'm looking for a place to go ~ Where everything's an embrace and everybody wants to know

Comment

Hey Sam123,

I love this post idea.

I have recently signed up to do a 10K charity run in May and I've never done one before so the training leading up to it is going to be a great achievement in itself. I has been an achievement to take the first step and I'm looking forward to it because I've only ever completed fundraising walks.

I can't wait for the feeling I will gain after completing the run. Hopefully, I will achieve my fundraising target for the British Heart Foundation.

Comment

Thank you for sharing your achievements everyone! I feel so happy reading these 😊

Comment

I e-mailed college (the one I dropped out of last year) explaining my mental issues, and they were suprisingly understanding. They said they'd send me an application pack and said I could discuss any type of support at the pre-entry interview, so it's nice they think I'll even get an interview, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Aidan View Post
                  I e-mailed college (the one I dropped out of last year) explaining my mental issues, and they were suprisingly understanding. They said they'd send me an application pack and said I could discuss any type of support at the pre-entry interview, so it's nice they think I'll even get an interview, I guess.

That's great! Let us know how the interview goes when you have it
                  You're a ghost at most
                  A set of empty bones
                  Searching for anything and everything to make you feel whole

Comment

Thanks, I'll let you know how it goes when it happens!
                    For now, I'm figuring out which boxes need ticking on the application, forgot how frustrating this was last time 😂

Things are looking hopeful for once

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                    X