Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Get involved

Fancy hosting one of our General Chats, or getting involved with the community in another way? Let us know here.
2 of 2 < >

Post of The Month (July)

Aidan is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey Lucie,

You say you're still on medication and have had lots of therapy? Maybe it's a matter of revisiting old coping techniques and anything else like that, that therapy taught you?

And Drea is absolutely right! Even someone with everything material that they could ever want isn't insusceptible to mental illness. Any sex, race, age, class; it doesn't discriminate...
"
(Click for full post)
See more
See less

The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitties!

I hope to visit Brighton to see all the different cats they have there.

At my current place of residency we quite a few cats, I've seen a bengal cat , a siamese cat and the lion cat that's actually a long haired tabbby. I've been trying to get this cat to like me for years but nope, nothing. WHY WONT YOU LET ME PET YOU KITTY?

We need a thread for the kitties of the neighborhood Mike
    Last edited by Salix alba; 31-08-2017, 03:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Salix alba View Post
      WHY WONT YOU LET ME PET YOU KITTY?
      Yes. That's me all the time when a cat ignores me. But you just have to ignore them back and then they will be all over you when you do it for long enough.

I just need a hug, including a kitty hug.

Comment

• Salix alba - Yaaas! I approve this idea.

It's sad when they just scowl at you like some lesser creature. There are a couple on my street who always run over to me, just because I fed them for a week when my neighbour was away (and also spent way too much time at her house just lying on the floor with them (#perks)). I think I'm their new mother.

Cat hugs are the best hugs.

Taking care of yourself takes care of more than just yourself.

Comment

• Cant we have a doggie one too 🙁
          Your difficulties are vaild

Comment

• Originally posted by Lostsense View Post
            Cant we have a doggie one too 🙁
            i agree

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

Cat hugs are the best hugs.

Agreed.

Originally posted by Lostsense View Post
              Cant we have a doggie one too 🙁
              Yes, you can

Comment

• I've been driven over the edge, I won't be back, I'm sorry guys
                mosaics are made from broken pieces but they’re still works of art, and so are you.

It's stormy now, but the suns gonna shine again, even the worst storms gotta end.

Comment

• My life is so crap apparently. 👌👌Nice that other people decided to tell me

Comment

Last edited by Salix alba; 08-09-2017, 03:54 PM.

Comment

• i just want to kill myself or run away and get on a plane or a boat i don't even care anymore i cant stay here I'm depressed and i deserve to die but i don't even have a reason for it. I'm trying to stop self harm but its so tempting and life sucks anyway
                      Last edited by The Mix; 10-09-2017, 09:24 AM. Reason: triggering content removed

Comment

• Used unhealthy coping mechanisms again.. had over a gram off beak and honestly it's helped but at the same tim now. My mate is leAving and I just can't anymore
                        mosaics are made from broken pieces but they’re still works of art, and so are you.

It's stormy now, but the suns gonna shine again, even the worst storms gotta end.

Comment

• Dreading today, one of my friends is moving back to England and I just hate goodbyes

Comment

• It's world suicide prevention day, and Sophie and pip have been in my mind all day,I miss them so Fucking much. When will professionals start taking this seriously.

Comment

• TW
                              I just keep repeating in my head "I want to die"
                              I wish i didnt have a suirvival instinct. I thought maybe im still alive because my family care about me, and things can get better but no its just Im pathetic in my methods and actually a coward and have a suivval instinct.
                              Im just waiting for a massive trigger that enough to make me kill myself. I cant wait to fucking die and end this. Dont want to live anymore. Im just so scared of dying and the act. I just dont want it to hurt anymore. Want a painless death.
                              No one cares about me. I want attention and someone to say they care but no one actually gives a fuck and wish they did so i have atleast a reason not to kill myself.
                              Last edited by Shaunie; 14-09-2017, 01:46 PM.
                              The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide you are not going to stay where you are

Comment

• Oh Shaunie, so sorry to hear you're feeling like this.

It sounds like everything feels completely overwhelming for you and that you've kind of decided there's only one way out. You said that no-one seems to care, which must feel really lonely - we are here for you and would love to talk about everything that's going on for you right now
                                Well done for posting in your Family stress thread - it looks like it could be the start of a useful conversation?

We'll reach out via PM to check in on you too

Take care and speak soon
                                James
                                Critics build nothing.

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                                X