Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Get involved

Fancy hosting one of our General Chats, or getting involved with the community in another way? Let us know here.
2 of 2 < >

Post of The Month (July)

Aidan is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey Lucie,

You say you're still on medication and have had lots of therapy? Maybe it's a matter of revisiting old coping techniques and anything else like that, that therapy taught you?

And Drea is absolutely right! Even someone with everything material that they could ever want isn't insusceptible to mental illness. Any sex, race, age, class; it doesn't discriminate...
"
(Click for full post)
See more
See less

The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aww

Hugs to everyone!

You're all doing so brilliant guys, dont give in

SUCCESS is not final, FAILURE is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts

Comment

• I've been in the worst mood from the moment I woke up I've smashed my phone into pieces. I could smash my face into glass right now. I've been a vile person to be around today. I've been snappy and angry and emotional and binging relentlessly. I feel tired and I don't know whether to leave the house now. I don't care what happens to me I need to self harm but not whilst they are here.I had to leave before because I would have just gone mad and hit my head repeatedly against the wall or trash my room.I tried calling TRC but they don't do over the phone so I'm sat here eating yet again. I can't concentrate nothing is going in. I just have to admit that I'm gaining when I don't want to and I'm a failure for it. I want to crawl out my skin and pull out my hair. if I give in, i know I'll be in trouble when M returns. I wan't punch holes in the wall and pull my hair out I'm so upset.Everything is so over whelming.
      Last edited by Salix alba; 18-08-2017, 07:36 PM. Reason: Triggering.

Comment

• why is everything so fucking shit.

Comment

• ----trigger warning----
          I hate myself and i hate my life. I've failed my college corse and i will fail at life. I am getting no where and nothing is going to ever make me happy. I dont want to live. I dont feel like i have any meaning or purpose and feel very disconnected from the world. I have no friends and feel isolated. and i cant ignore these thoughts telling me :
          Youre not good enough
          You're not thin enough
          Take laxatives
          Make yourself throw up
          Everyone hates you
          No one cares
          You're fat
          Harm you're self
          Don't deserve to eat
          You're disgusting
          You're a failure
          You're a fuck up
          Take drugs
          You will be happy if you weighed less

I cant stop these thoughts although they are my brain saying it, I dont feel like it what i am thinking even though it's in my head and i am controlling it. I just want it to stop. Because half of it I know doesn't make sense.but i can't help think it.

I'm so done with just trying to get through a day without killing myself and finding a way to cope wuth these thoughts. It's not a life or what i want. I want a life. I cant take it anymore. I am exhausted
          Last edited by Shaunie; 14-08-2017, 04:15 PM. Reason: Triggering
          The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide you are not going to stay where you are

Comment

• Just got shouted at by someone working for the crisis line lol

OKAY Sandra, calm down.

Comment

• It took all my energy i had to get out of bed today. I managed to go out for just like 30 minutes for two people to tell me to "smile" and "cheer up mate" one in an horrible way. like oh soz m8 i forgot to chnage my face before i left. Ill stay indoors next time .
              The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide you are not going to stay where you are

Comment

• Aww, hugs everyone! *
                "Truely independent person who doesn't do quotes, just dates".. (29.04.17)

Comment

• My family always wants to play happy families. But never works out cause im never keen on playing that fake shit and pretening like nothing happened.
                  But im so fed up with the negative vibes and horrible atmoshere and arguemnets makes me wanna smash ma head.

Comment

• Something just set me off.

I've just come out of a storm and I'm not about to enter a new one.
                    Last edited by Salix alba; 23-08-2017, 11:51 PM.

Comment

• So anxious and nervous its making me feel really sick. Feel like my whole body is shaking but isnt - just my hands. And i cant breath .-.

Comment

• Take care everyone - you've got this.

Here's some cuteness to brighten your day. KITTEN MONTAGE.

Taking care of yourself takes care of more than just yourself.

Comment

• Im feeling so shit tonight. I cant cope. I am shaking soo much and breathing soo fast and feel so low. I feel like crying but cant and just feel soo fed up with life
                          Last edited by The Mix; 29-08-2017, 09:50 AM. Reason: content removed

Comment

• Hey Shaunie. I'm really sorry to hear how you're feeling. Things sound so tough right now, we hope you're ok. We've just edited out some of your post to keep things safe on the boards. You mentioned that you feel fed up with life, do you want to tell us a bit more about what's going on?

If you ever feel things are getting overwhelming or you feel you might act on these suicidal thoughts you're experiencing, there's some great organisations set up for crisis support that you can reach out to. I've listed a few below.

Samaritans - offer a safe place for you to talk anytime you like about anything you're going through. You can call them on 116 123 or email them on jo@samaritans.org.

Papyrus - offer non-judgemental support, advice and information to young people under the age of 25. You can email them at pat@payrus-uk.org, text them on 07786 209 697 or call them at 0800 068 4141. They are open Mon-Fri 10am-10pm and 2-10pm on weekends.

Do you feel you can reach to one of these places if you need to?

All the best,

- Aife

Comment

• Tw.
                              went to get something removed and stitches from the nurse, and she said ' since its self inflicted again, I won't give you any lidocaine' and I dunno it just hurts, why is mental health treated so differently? Was almost in tears with the pain, I can handle physical pain, but not when it's caused by others. It doesn't makes sense but yeahh... Has anyone else had the same said to them?
                              mosaics are made from broken pieces but they’re still works of art, and so are you.

It's stormy now, but the suns gonna shine again, even the worst storms gotta end.

Comment

• So much is changing... Sigh

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                                X