Alcohol-free Mouthwash & Toothpastes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alcohol-free Mouthwash & Toothpastes

Anyone have any thoughts, observations and recommendations related to mouth washes and toothpastes?

I've mainly been using Listerine but wondering if I should switch to an Alcohol free MouthWash

I've recently tried Corsodyl which tastes really foul but I think it's pretty good.

I also saw SuperDrug currently have a 2 for 1 offer on their range which includes an alcohol free one for sensitive teeth which tastes much nicer. It also has more then double the fluoride of the Listerine I was using.

As for toothpaste just trying the night time version of this

http://www.blanxuk.com/category.php?id=1

BTW a very interesting find here:

http://www.parliament.uk/deposits/de...P2008-2806.pdf

Listerine is viscous stuff, dentists I don't know don't like it but for no particularly good reason.

Any particular reason for switching to alcohol free?
    Growls

Comment

Corsodyl stains the teeth so use with care.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Teagan View Post
        Corsodyl stains the teeth so use with care.
        I think it will stain more of you drink tea or coffee right away or if used long term for months on end.

As for the Alcohol I think it's mainly in there to give the mouthwash a longer shelf life, improve taste and cleaning action - but some people can find it dries out their mouths too.

Comment

dental PH is great! its whats recomended by piercists after oral piercings.

Comment

Crest makes an alcohol one. Alcohol based mouthwashes hurt burn a bit but that one had a weird texture to it and I wasn't a fan so I'll just stick with the Act.
            Of all the mistakes you've made, the best are yet to come.

Comment

I saw I first posted about 8 months ago thought a follow up would be handy ..

Just tried Corsodyl Daily Defence - a mint version with about a quarter of the active ingredient of the regular version - also tastes foul!!!

Weird thing is boots have their own brand version which is even more expensive!!

Anyway I have to say even though regular Corsodyl tastes horrid and stains your teeth brown if you've not brushed really well beforehand - it really works wonders for dry mouth problems

Shame there's no one decent mouthwash product does does everything without the drawbacks.

Comment

Dentyl is alcohol-free and tastes good, especially the Clove one! Listerine just burns, don't touch it
                piss the taking is someone realise u point this at is it

Comment

Originally posted by Luce View Post
                  Dentyl is alcohol-free and tastes good, especially the Clove one! Listerine just burns, don't touch it

Was gonna post an almost identical reply to this one, you beat me to it!

Comment

That product was recalled in April .. so best to check if yours is affected.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-...00904215259109

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

TheSite.org is delivered by YouthNet UK. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                    X

A short TheSite survey: to help us help you

Hi there! Please take a minute to answer this short survey. The information you give us will only be used to help us better understand our users and improve our services. The survey is anonymous. Thank you for helping us out.

Click to take the survey >