How to stop finger bleeding?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to stop finger bleeding?

I cut my fingertip an hour ago and its still bleeding, is there anything I can do to make the bleeding stop?

I would suspect you could possibly suffer from haemophilia. Could be worth getting it checked. The bleeding should have stopped after a few minutes from a small cut.

Comment

How badly did you cut it?

Apply pressure and elevate is standard treatment for bleeding. For a finger I suggest pushing on the cut with your thum (assuming there's nothing in it) and holding your hand up by your face. Obviously bring your hand back down when you start getting pins and needles.

Then put a plaster on it (or 2, with tape to get the stupid things to stay on fingers).

That's all assuming it's bleeding slightly rather than seriously. If it's properly bleeding and has been for an hour then you should get it looked at.
      Growls

Comment

Thanks guys.

It stopped bleeding eventually. It wasn't a massive cut, just the size of a papercut. It only me worried because it bled for 2 and a half hours and when I went to cover it, it bled straight through.

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

TheSite.org is delivered by YouthNet UK. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
        X

A short TheSite survey: to help us help you

Hi there! Please take a minute to answer this short survey. The information you give us will only be used to help us better understand our users and improve our services. The survey is anonymous. Thank you for helping us out.

Click to take the survey >