Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does it take for drugs to to leave your blood stream?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does it take for drugs to to leave your blood stream?

I quite fancy donating blood later this week, but don't fancy it if ketamine's still floating around my system, know?

I know ecstacy leaves your system in 2 days, but does that also account for your bloodstream?

So long as you didn't mainline it they should have no problem with it. You can disclose these details to the Nurse who assesses you in full and complete confidence, if you feel comfortable doing that. I've done it before when giving blood, they're trained not to react or be judgemental on these matters; all they are concerned about is that your blood is safe to take.

2-4 days is the answer you are looking for, although that is an estimate and will vary with physiology, fluid intake and exhertion.
    RIP John Peel 1939-2004
    ---------------------------------------------
    "People die in car crashes all the time doesn't mean people should stop driving - just that they should take more care when doing so." - Skive

Comment

you do however, have t o weigh at least A hundred and ten ithink it is pounds. so eat your kebab and be nreey
      I know why the caged bird sings, Only joy comes from song
      She's so rare and beautiful to others, Why not just set her free
      So she can fly, fly, fly
      Spreadin' her wings and her song
      Let her fly, fly fly
      For the whole world to see

Comment

Originally posted by Martin_Bashir View Post
        2-4 days is the answer you are looking for, although that is an estimate and will vary with physiology, fluid intake and exhertion.
        Even if it was still in your blood, would it make it into the blood product at the end anyway?

I know that its filtered and seperated, could the ketamine get through this process? And even if it could would it be in high enough concentrations to actually work on the person recieving the blood?
        My great uncle died while trying to put the ancient Chinese board game he had just bought and had been saving up for on a set of scales, still its the go he would have wanted to weigh.

Comment

Tbh, id leave it longer than that.
          I think if youre an active regular drug user probably best that you dont give blood.

Comment

I know that its filtered and seperated, could the ketamine get through this process? And even if it could would it be in high enough concentrations to actually work on the person recieving the blood?
            that i don't know. i'm just thinking of the process up until the point where they take it.

Tbh, id leave it longer than that.
            I think if youre an active regular drug user probably best that you dont give blood.
            i disagree. i think you should go and let them decide whether or not the want it, they can always say no, as long as you give them full disclosure.
            RIP John Peel 1939-2004
            ---------------------------------------------
            "People die in car crashes all the time doesn't mean people should stop driving - just that they should take more care when doing so." - Skive

Comment

fair enough, but you could go along and say look, I take various drugs nearly every weekend. Do you want my blood?

They will say no. Guaranteed.

They say theyre desperate, but they dont half have a lot of restrictions.
              So many that it makes me think they dont really test it much at all.

Comment

Fairly quickly I thought ? I've always wandered though

Comment

These are the times it takes for drugs to leave your system in a urine test...

Alcohol - 12 to 24 hours

Amphetamines (Speed) - 2 to 4 days

Cannabis - 2 to 7 days, but up to 1 month for regular users

Cocaine/Crack - 12 hours to 3 days

Ecstasy/MDMA - 2 to 4 days

Heroin - 1 to 2 days

LSD - 2 to 3 days

Unfortunately it doesn't have Ketamine on the list.
                  Yes I'm on the dance floor, fuck that cool shit!

Comment

Originally posted by pill 'ed View Post
                    These are the times it takes for drugs to leave your system in a urine test...

donating urine is she?

Comment

Originally posted by z- View Post
                      donating urine is she?

Nah I think he's taking the piss. :shocking:
                      Conformity before conscience Uniformity before faith!

To infinity and beyond!

"the reason i took drugs in the first place was because ...i was confused.
                      it's all become clear since" -Rolly.

Just as it is true that a stream cannot rise above its source, so it is true that a national literature cannot rise above the moral level of the social conditions of the people from whom it derives its inspiration-James Connolly.

Comment

Comment

A vet might know :P
                          I B I Z A IS ...

Comment

According to this website, Ket can stay in your system for 2-4 days.

Comment

Check the NBS website, because I am fairly sure you can't give blood if you are a drug user, although that could only be injected drugs.

The nurses that ask the questions are really good, but do make sure you are completely honest with them.

ETA, it seems to only be injected drugs. http://www.blood.co.uk/pages/flash_questions.html will ask you most of the questions.
                              Last edited by Scary Monster; 07-06-2007, 12:58 PM.
                              Growls

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

TheSite.org is delivered by YouthNet UK. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                              X