Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Chat surveys: final call

Now chat is back, we'll be closing our two chat surveys. They'll be open until Tuesday morning, so if you haven't had your say yet about the chat guidelines or about the new Tuesday general chat, now's your last chance!

Look forward to hearing your thoughts

- The Mix Team
2 of 2 < >

Post of The Month (July)

Aidan is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey Lucie,

You say you're still on medication and have had lots of therapy? Maybe it's a matter of revisiting old coping techniques and anything else like that, that therapy taught you?

And Drea is absolutely right! Even someone with everything material that they could ever want isn't insusceptible to mental illness. Any sex, race, age, class; it doesn't discriminate...
"
(Click for full post)
See more
See less

Stages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stages

Just a small one,
    On my thumb,
    No one would notice,
    Cos there quite dumb

Just a medium one,
    On my palm,
    No one would notice,
    They donít look that hard,

Just finished it off,
    Make it a large,
    As it creeps up my arm,
    and goes right through my heart.

(self harming in stages of getting worse, needed to type something fast, it's getting really hard again today, I wonder if it ever ends)

I wonder if it ever ends too. Thank you for sharing this one, it really speaks to me. I was thinking how to reply to it, so I wrote my own poem about my fight with my head.
    SUCCESS is not final, FAILURE is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts

Comment

A conversation with myself
      By me

Slumped in this bed,
      Fighting the thoughts in this head.
      Close the curtains, dwell in the dark,
      You’ve already left your mark.

“Oh, but why couldn’t you see?
      You could’t live without me!
      And every thing that makes you smile,
      Will set you back another mile.”

No, none of it’s true;
      I’d be better off without you!
      I’ll take these tablets, make you go,
      You can’t bring me down so low.

“You threaten me with pills
      When this is a battle of wills?
      Take your tablets, see if I care.
      They’ll do nothing against your nightmare!”

Maybe, just maybe, these tablets won’t do,
      But either way, I’m through with you!
      All I want is to be happy, that’s all.
      I’ll throw away these chains and stand up tall.

“You think you’re imprisoned in your own bed?
      It is I who’s imprisoned inside of your head!
      End your life, and you and I will be free.
      All of your problems will die with me.”

I won’t die, you can’t kill me!
      But there’s nowhere to run, nowhere to flee…
      No! I won’t! I’ll live instead!
      You’ll be gone long before I’m dead!

“I thought we understood each other,
      I thought of you like a brother.
      But I already killed you years ago,
      Left you lifeless in the snow.
      There’s no battle to fight, no war to win.
      I buried your soul, it’s my greatest sin.
      I’ve controlled this body all along,
      You think still there’s hope for you? You’re wrong.”

SUCCESS is not final, FAILURE is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts

Comment

That's just amazing, I love it, it's really what it's like, u say am a good writer but ur fantastic, really would love to see more of ur stuff if u fancy putting any more up need to see it!!!

I decided to go back to judo tonight, I've already tried to go back twice and each time I got closer to going into the class so hopefully third times a charm and it helps with the urges, have u got any plans tonight? (maybe writing more poetry )

Comment

Thanks I'm literally blushing right now
          I'm might be good at it when I try, but that's the point, I can't be bothered most of the time haha

Judo? I was thinking of maybe getting into a martial art, but something more practical like Krav Maga. Not classes like, I'd rather sit alone and read about it and do it by myself. Because I'm not a people person

I got any plans tonight? Not really, and I think that's enough poetry for today

Comment

Well you certainly have a talent for it,

I would so love to do Krav Maga, never seen it before but just looked it up there and it seems amazing, might have a look for some classes, I finally got back to judo third time lucky and I actually went through the doors (still feeling like I was having a heart attack tho). I know it is terrifying to do new things and people are just ewww to be around but you should try a class once or twice, it might not be as bad as you think.

Comment

Good for you getting back to Judo! I hate being in a room full of people too. I've just been to the post office, I nearly had a panic attack, I stuttered like hell at the counter and my voice broke. So that's nice. All for an envelope and some jelly beans.

Krav Maga seems to be all about practical self defense and disarming people, which would actually be useful where I live where everyone seems to own a cartel 😂

The closest classes to me are in Sheffield, which is miles away, and that means overcoming another fear- buses

I'll either try it alone or not bother, or you could get classes and pass on your skills *wink* *wink*

: )

Comment

Love both of these!
                Your difficulties are vaild

Comment

Originally posted by Lostsense View Post
                  Love both of these!
                  Thanks

To rhyme
                  Aint no crime
                  Its fine
                  When I have the time
                  To write line after line
                  Of the shit in my mind

Just a quick one off top of my head right now haha
                  Last edited by Aidan; 01-05-2017, 10:40 PM. Reason: Added smileys :)smiles go for miles while a frown will take you down

Comment

lol, laughed so much at this, it's perfect

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                    X