Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Chat surveys: final call

Now chat is back, we'll be closing our two chat surveys. They'll be open until Tuesday morning, so if you haven't had your say yet about the chat guidelines or about the new Tuesday general chat, now's your last chance!

Look forward to hearing your thoughts

- The Mix Team
2 of 2 < >

Post of The Month (July)

Aidan is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey Lucie,

You say you're still on medication and have had lots of therapy? Maybe it's a matter of revisiting old coping techniques and anything else like that, that therapy taught you?

And Drea is absolutely right! Even someone with everything material that they could ever want isn't insusceptible to mental illness. Any sex, race, age, class; it doesn't discriminate...
"
(Click for full post)
See more
See less

A poem about starting to move forward.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A poem about starting to move forward.

I sit here typing trying to find the right words,
    The words to describe what itís been like all those years,
    But as my fingers hit the keys,
    I find that my mind just wonders free.

Everything that happened has gone and been,
    Theres no point looking and trying to intervene,
    All the pain, the fear, the guilt, the need.
    All the stuff that you can not see,
    Is sealed within and wonít get free,

For now itís time to believe,
    To stop the flee,
    And see
    That the future can be anything you want it to be.

(A poem about moving forward. Am not sure if I've let go yet or if I've forgiven the abuse from my mother or the bullies from school, but I think am starting to be ok a little and it's ok because it's just a little, I don't need to be all ok just yet or let go of it all)

This is a lovely poem Distraction

Thank you for sharing.

Comment

This is such a lovely poem Distraction you write so well

Comment

I wrote a poem once. Not about me, it was about a girl I knew. About her real scars and her hidden ones, and about how she only ever broke people's hearts because she never knew what it was like to have an unbroken one. She killed herself soon after. She never read the poem, I don't know where it is so I can't share it, sorry.

Anyway, yours was very nice
        SUCCESS is not final, FAILURE is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts

Comment

Thank you a lot, didn't think anyone would comment on it ,

that's really sad Aidan and am really sorry to hear that, what was she like? Sounds like you really cared about her, sending hugs

Comment

Thanks

She was kind, funny, a but wierd but in a good way, we weren't together or anything but it's a lot harder now that she's gone
            SUCCESS is not final, FAILURE is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts

Comment

Weird is the best way to be, she really sounds great, aye, losing someone close to you, however u know them, is brutal, it always is, thinking of you

Comment

Yeah I know, I think I'm finally getting over it. Well, accepting it anyway.

Thanks

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                X