Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Chat guideline change

We recently updated our chat guideline around discussing eating issues. Take a look here for more info.
2 of 2 < >

Post of The Month (June)

Jellyelephant is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community:

"Hey notagain

Just wanted to drop by and say I hope you are okay. Remember a relapse doesn't mean the end of recovery. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and keep fighting lovely girl <3"
(Click for full post)
See more
See less

The "Last Movie You Watched" thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• meet the fockers

Comment

• Room - it was on C4 yesterday evening. The acting from the two main characters is good. However, the beginning is missing - it starts seven years after the protagonist was kidnapped. It doesn't show her being kidnapped, the seven years after that - nor does it show any of her life before she was kidnapped.
      Last edited by Robert; 12-03-2017, 07:12 AM.

Comment

• Logan - It was so emotional! Did not expect that ending at all! I wanted to cry.
        In the land of gods and monsters, I was an angel. Living in the garden of evil.

Comment

• i watched room too

Comment

• Originally posted by Jellyelephant View Post
            i watched room too
            Can you understand why there's no beginning to the film? It felt like the first 20 minutes+ was missing from it. Why start the film 7 y after the protagonist was abducted? There weren't even any flashbacks or explanation. We saw very little of 'Old Nick' - and we don't know what happened to him. The acting is very good, but it's a very incomplete film.

I Know My First Name is Steven has a similar theme, but is better because it shows the whole story.
            Last edited by Robert; 13-03-2017, 12:29 PM.

Comment

• I watched Trainwreck recently. The early part of the film is very funny. However, the protagonist - a one-night-stand-loving, drunk party girl - has a relationship with a quiet, dull man with whom she has no chemistry. Even if we could believe that she could turn monogamous, there's no way that she would be attracted to him or vice versa - they're not suited to each other at all. She hates serious people and he hates sluts - so why would they want each other? There's also an unnecessary subplot about her father being chronically ill and dying - which is totally out of place in what starts off as a light-hearted sex comedy. His death doesn't serve as any turning point in her life, so it just brings the mood down.

I've watched many comedy films which start off with loads of humour, then drastically change tone and turn serious. Why do they do that? You wouldn't have an action film which is slow and quiet during the second half - or a horror film with a nice peaceful second half.
              Last edited by Robert; 13-03-2017, 12:51 PM.

Comment

• I'm watching Commando on Film 4 now. It's one of the best action films and has a lot of humour in it.

Comment

• I'm watching Die Hard on Film 4 now. It's very good and is often regarded as the best action film.

Comment

• my sisters keeper on Film4 now
                    Your difficulties are vaild

Comment

• fifty shades darker ( it was shit)

Comment

• Moana!

Comment

• Rogue One (a star wars story), found it to be well written, with the feel of the first film whilst not seeming like a copy or reproduction at all to me.

Which is ironic, since the CGI people reproduced Peter Cushing's and Carrie Fisher's (RIP to them both) faces quite well. Peter Cushing's hair seemed a little off,but I can't really complain about the return of Leia or Tarkin though! And Darth Vader has never been better. Well, badder, but you know what I mean.

Anyway, fanboy rant over, I can breathe now 😂
                          SUCCESS is not final, FAILURE is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts

Comment

• The new beauty and the beast <3

Comment

• Film4 are showing The Other Woman at 9 and Unfaithful at 11.15 this evening. It's an entertaining double-bill of adultery.
                              Last edited by Robert; 03-04-2017, 06:54 PM.

Comment

• Horrible Bosses on ITV2 yesterday evening - parts of it were very funny.

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                                X