Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Get involved

Fancy hosting one of our General Chats, or getting involved with the community in another way? Let us know here.
2 of 2 < >

Post of The Month (July)

Aidan is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey Lucie,

You say you're still on medication and have had lots of therapy? Maybe it's a matter of revisiting old coping techniques and anything else like that, that therapy taught you?

And Drea is absolutely right! Even someone with everything material that they could ever want isn't insusceptible to mental illness. Any sex, race, age, class; it doesn't discriminate...
"
(Click for full post)
See more
See less

Weekly Challenge #14

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekly Challenge #14

Hey everyone!

It's Monday which means it's time for another weekly challenge! This weeks challenge will be....the quiz challenge! How this challenge will work is that each day we've set a theme for quiz questions. Your challenge is to guess the answer to the question and also ask a question relating to the set theme.

Day 1 (Monday) - The Mix
    Day 2 (Tuesday) - Cinema
    Day 3 (Wednesday) - History
    Day 4 (Thursday) - Disney
    Day 5 (Friday) - Animals
    Day 6 (Saturday) - Flowers
    Day 7 (Sunday) - Books

Remember, if you've got any ideas for the weekly challenge or would like to get involved in some of the other exciting things we have going on feel free to complete the 'Get Involved' form here or also PM us your ideas!

Also, don't forget to vote on next weeks challenge ideas!

- Aife
    Movie quote challenge
    66.67%
    Meme /gif challenge
    33.33%

The poll is expired.

We're James, Aife & Mike: the staff team here at The Mix.
    If you have any questions about this place, feel free to
    ask over in the
    Help Desk or send us a private message.

Here's a question about The Mix...what type of chat did we recently launch on Tuesdays?

Comment

Aife you like to give massive hints don't you. Seem a bit to easy that on!! I know the answer but I'm not going to say

Comment

Originally posted by Abigail View Post
        Aife you like to give massive hints don't you. Seem a bit to easy that on!! I know the answer but I'm not going to say

Haa yeah it's a bit easy that one, hopefully the next one will be a bit more harder

Comment

Day 2: name five movies starring Anna Kendrick.
          Taking care of yourself takes care of more than just yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
            Day 2: name five movies starring Anna Kendrick.

idk who that is.

edit: Wait. never mind. yes i do.
            dont laugh at me plz.
            Last edited by Meggles; 22-08-2017, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Pitch Perfect!
              Pitch Perfect 2
              Some twilights
              As said by Waynester Pickle - "Hann's Law, which states washing up must be done before 8:30" 22/12/14

Comment

Originally posted by Meggles View Post

idk who that is.

edit: Wait. never mind. yes i do.
                dont laugh at me plz.
                Haha, I had a similar revelation not too long ago. She seems to be in everything but I didn't know her name until semi-recently.

Originally posted by Hann View Post
                Pitch Perfect!
                Pitch Perfect 2
                Some twilights
                Yep! I actually forgot about Twilight. I guess naming five is pretty easy!

Got a question for us, either of you?

I'll throw another one out there: What is movie-director, Michael Bay, best known for?

Comment

Haha, I had a similar revelation not too long ago. She seems to be in everything but I didn't know her name until semi-recently.

Yep! I actually forgot about Twilight. I guess naming five is pretty easy!

Got a question for us, either of you?

I'll throw another one out there: What is movie-director, Michael Bay, best known for?

The answer in here, Mike ? haha - i hate films, can't believe i used to be a media and film studies student

A graduate of Wesleyan University, Michael Bay spent his 20s working on advertisements and music videos. His first projects after film school were in the music video business. He created music videos for Tina Turner, Meat Loaf, Lionel Richie, Wilson Phillips, Donny Osmond and Divinyls. His work won him recognition and a number of MTV award nominations. He also filmed advertisements for Nike, Reebok, Coca-Cola, Budweiser and Miller Lite. He won the Grand Prix Clio for Commercial of the Year for his "Got Milk/Aaron Burr" commercial. At Cannes, he has won the Gold Lion for The Best Beer campaign for Miller Lite, as well as the Silver for "Got Milk". In 1995, Bay was honored by the Directors Guild of America as Commercial Director of the Year. That same year, he also directed his first feature film, Bad Boys (1995), starring Will Smith and Martin Lawrence, which grossed more than $160 million, worldwide. His follow-up film, The Rock (1996), starring Sean Connery and Nicolas Cage, was also hugely successful, making Bay the director du jour.
                  Mental health activist and counsellor in training - if im not posting on here than i'm likely filming for a TV programme, interview with a journalist or at a radio station.

Comment

Hey Jess101, I think the answer could be in there somewhere! Today is Disney theme! Here's my question for today:

What does Cinderella's fairy godmother turn into a carriage?

Comment

Originally posted by Aife View Post
                      Hey Jess101, I think the answer could be in there somewhere! Today is Disney theme! Here's my question for today:

What does Cinderella's fairy godmother turn into a carriage?
                      A pumpkin?

What is the name of dory's childhood friend, the whale shark ?
                      Last edited by Shaunie; 25-08-2017, 10:30 AM.
                      The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide you are not going to stay where you are

Comment

Originally posted by Jess101 View Post
                        The answer in here, Mike ? haha - i hate films, can't believe i used to be a media and film studies student :lol
                        Ha! That's a lot of info - well copied and pasted. The answer I was looking for was anything along the lines of 'visual effects', 'explosions', 'action movies', etc. He's very well known for filling his movies with explosions and epic looking things (even though they don't always fit and the writing isn't always great...).
                        Originally posted by Shaunie View Post
                        What is the name of dory's childhood friend, the whale shark ?
                        The feel when you remember you missed Finding Dory when it was out in cinemas.

Day 5: Polar bears and penguins live on separate poles, but which lives on which?

Comment

Oh thought it was thursday lol .-. 🙃🙃Write the days and still get it wrong ahh
                          polar bear - north . Penguins on south?

What are baby goats called ?
                          Last edited by Shaunie; 25-08-2017, 04:01 PM.
                          The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide you are not going to stay where you are

Comment

Originally posted by Shaunie View Post
                            polar bear - north . Penguins on south?

What are baby goats called ?
                            Yep!

Baby goats are kids, right?

What is the only mammal that can fly?

Comment

Yep!

Baby goats are kids, right?
                              Mike that was just you!!

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                              X