Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Chat guideline change

We recently updated our chat guideline around discussing eating issues. Take a look here for more info.
2 of 2 < >

Post of The Month (June)

Jellyelephant is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community:

"Hey notagain

Just wanted to drop by and say I hope you are okay. Remember a relapse doesn't mean the end of recovery. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and keep fighting lovely girl <3"
(Click for full post)
See more
See less

Weekly Challenge #10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Weekly Challenge #10

    Hey everyone!

    It's Monday which means another weekly challenge! This week's theme is the outdoor photography challenge! You're challenge is to take a photograph each day of the themes we've set you each day. Share below your photos, we'd love to see them all.

    Here's this weeks challenge:


    Day 1 (Monday) - something outdoors that's often overlooked
    Day 2 (Tuesday) - something unusual
    Day 3 (Wednesday) - looking up
    Day 4 (Thursday) - an insect
    Day 5 (Friday) - texture in nature
    Day 6 (Saturday) - something peaceful
    Day 7 (Sunday) - sunset


    Have fun taking part in this weeks challenge, can't wait to see all you're photos! Don't forget to vote for next week's challenge

    - Aife

    9
    Drawing Challenge
    44.44%
    4
    Story Challenge
    55.56%
    5

    The poll is expired.

    We're James, Aife & Mike: the staff team here at The Mix.
    If you have any questions about this place, feel free to
    ask over in the
    Help Desk or send us a private message.

  • #2
    What do you mean by something often over looked?

    Comment


    • #3
      Hey evie_rose, great question! This could be something you think isn't noticed outdoors as much as other things or something you feel we sometimes forget to stop and look at how pretty it is, like a leaf

      Comment


      • #4
        Erm... Hmm ok

        Comment


        • #5
          Grass

          Comment


          • #6
            Flowers. Tend to not take any notice of them really. They are actually pretty

            Comment


            • #7
              youre photo uploading size is really silly. why is it so small? i literally have to spend 10 minutes cropping a photo to get it within the 2.00mb which isnt cool... can you not change this please? im getting tired of cropping photos i take to upload on the market but also post here...

              Comment


              • #8
                Something overlooked...
                The shadows cast by the trees as the sun sets. <3

                Why didn't you just shout i'm lonely and i'm looking for a place to go ~ Where everything's an embrace and everybody wants to know

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by evie_rose View Post
                  youre photo uploading size is really silly. why is it so small? i literally have to spend 10 minutes cropping a photo to get it within the 2.00mb which isnt cool... can you not change this please? im getting tired of cropping photos i take to upload on the market but also post here...
                  I wouldn't suggest uploading to the forum directly because that imposes file size restrictions in order to reduce load on the forum.

                  Eitherway the route to good size images is by using an url, i'd suggest a site like photobucket and imgur therefore - i use imgur because it's easier.
                  You can upload attachments -> upload from url -> copy direct image link and upload from that, but vbulletin is very picky with how that works.

                  For what i did - I used imgur to upload that image and copied the BB Code to my post, which works on most forums and usually gives full size images.
                  Note though: MASSIVE images are generally just cut off by the width of the page

                  You can click on properly uploaded images (ie the ones you need to fit within the 2mb limit for) to view them up close; for large images this means that though they appear a tiny thumbnail in posts, clicking on them will have them appear much larger
                  BB codes and url uploads will not do that so e.g in my image above, that's as good as it gets
                  Last edited by AzathKelara; 24-07-2017, 11:09 PM. Reason: typos...also i forgot to add key info, whoops
                  Why didn't you just shout i'm lonely and i'm looking for a place to go ~ Where everything's an embrace and everybody wants to know

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by AzathKelara View Post
                    Something overlooked...
                    The shadows cast by the trees as the sun sets. <3

                    So this is why you made the post about hay fever, ha!
                    SUCCESS is not final, FAILURE is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Aidan View Post
                      So this is why you made the post about hay fever, ha!
                      Ahahaha! So someone noticed...i have hundreds of photos of my local woodlands on my phone because i love going there so much xD

                      Why didn't you just shout i'm lonely and i'm looking for a place to go ~ Where everything's an embrace and everybody wants to know

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by AzathKelara View Post

                        I wouldn't suggest uploading to the forum directly because that imposes file size restrictions in order to reduce load on the forum.

                        Eitherway the route to good size images is by using an url, i'd suggest a site like photobucket and imgur therefore - i use imgur because it's easier.
                        You can upload attachments -> upload from url -> copy direct image link and upload from that, but vbulletin is very picky with how that works.

                        For what i did - I used imgur to upload that image and copied the BB Code to my post, which works on most forums and usually gives full size images.
                        Note though: MASSIVE images are generally just cut off by the width of the page

                        You can click on properly uploaded images (ie the ones you need to fit within the 2mb limit for) to view them up close; for large images this means that though they appear a tiny thumbnail in posts, clicking on them will have them appear much larger
                        BB codes and url uploads will not do that so e.g in my image above, that's as good as it gets
                        tbh i was only curious as to why its only 2mb and if it can be changed. my photo quality is too good to crop down and ruin everytime. i dont trust websites either because my photos end up on being sold on the market so i have to be care where and what i upload..
                        Last edited by Meggles; 25-07-2017, 12:17 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I know i know it's only 17 minutes past midnight but it's still tuesday!!
                          So clocking this theme REALLY early today since I can't go outside tommorow, this ones actually from last month.

                          Something unusual...




                          So in the woods near my house there's the ruins of a castle! And by ruins i mean these two photos constitute 90% of the ruins xD
                          There's rumours that it's haunted by a girl in white, sadly no evidence of this has ever been captured, so she remains a rumour :'( which makes me sad because i'm into the paranormal! Maybe one day....It'd be cool if she really was there. :D
                          Why didn't you just shout i'm lonely and i'm looking for a place to go ~ Where everything's an embrace and everybody wants to know

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            my unusual photo would of been teenagers outside not on their phones ( 2 of my siblings) but im not gonna upload a photo of people

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Looking up...





                              I really couldn't decide which one my favourite was so heres two again!
                              I really love looking up at the sky, it's so..calming. Unless the sun is out, that is (i'm not a vampire i promise) because i prefer rainclouds to the sun. Infact I have an entire blog on tumblr just devoted to pics of the sky i love it that much, lol.
                              Why didn't you just shout i'm lonely and i'm looking for a place to go ~ Where everything's an embrace and everybody wants to know

                              Comment

                              Hide this page

                              Local Advice Finder

                              Find local services

                              The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

                              Working...
                              X