Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Chat surveys: final call

Now chat is back, we'll be closing our two chat surveys. They'll be open until Tuesday morning, so if you haven't had your say yet about the chat guidelines or about the new Tuesday general chat, now's your last chance!

Look forward to hearing your thoughts

- The Mix Team
2 of 2 < >

Post of The Month (July)

Aidan is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey Lucie,

You say you're still on medication and have had lots of therapy? Maybe it's a matter of revisiting old coping techniques and anything else like that, that therapy taught you?

And Drea is absolutely right! Even someone with everything material that they could ever want isn't insusceptible to mental illness. Any sex, race, age, class; it doesn't discriminate...
"
(Click for full post)
See more
See less

Film Club: Week Two (Vote for a film)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Film Club: Week Two (Vote for a film)

Hey Everyone

Firstly thank you to everyone who voted for the film genre, this time around the genre you all voted for is comedy, so I am going to make a poll with some film suggestions.

Happy voting

Bridesmaids
    69.23%
    The Hangover
    7.69%
    Grown Ups
    23.08%

The poll is expired.

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, I will try again tomorrow

Think ability, not disability

I voted bridesmaids, don't judge 😂
    SUCCESS is not final, FAILURE is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts

Comment

Originally posted by Aidan View Post
      I voted bridesmaids, don't judge 😂

Me too Aidan!

Comment

It's not that I'm into girly comedies (i'm not, I promise : ) ), it's just ive seen the hangover too many times and grown ups is a bit naff
        Last edited by Aidan; 19-04-2017, 11:13 AM.
        SUCCESS is not final, FAILURE is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts

Comment

Originally posted by Aife View Post

Me too Aidan!
          me three

Comment

Hey everyone,

I deleted a few posts in here as things were getting a little bit off topic. Let's keep things positive so film club can be a fun and enjoyable experience for everyone. It's a really great idea and such a fun thing for us all to get involved in

- Aife

Comment

I'm watching bridesmaids rn When is film club going to be on?

Comment

Hiya everyone

Sorry Ive not updated this thread for a while.

The winner of the poll is bridesmaids.

What day/date is good for you guys to watch/discuss the film. I work Monday to Friday so a weekend is better for me, however I'm flexible with what works for you guys too.

Lemme know, thanks
                Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, I will try again tomorrow

Comment

??

Comment

The weekend is fine for me - Im free sat or sunday evening

Comment

Weekend is fine with me too, evening would be better though I agree : )

Comment

Shall we say Sunday evening for this week?

Comment

I'd be okay with that, suits me better than Saturday evening actually : )

Comment

Such a cool thread - I'm going to have to say bridesmaids - not only did I enjoy it. But it holds a couple of memories for me:

- the first ever "15" rating DVD I bought
                            - I bought it on my 15th birthday exactly
                            - additionally the not so pleasant memory of watching it with parents and feeling awkward about the start of it (if you know what I mean, you will if you've seen it), but other than that - loved it!
                            Wishing you a Magical Christmas

Comment

UPDATE:

I am not going to be around Sunday evening so I will start a thread on Saturday and what we could do is have a discussion over the weekend. Does that sound alright?

Thank you

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                              X