This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At what age should you stop clubbing?

My friend pointed out a guy in a club one day, and told me that he was about 38 years old. I thought that was pushing it a bit.
    Personally, I don't think I'd feel right going clubbing if I'm over 30 years old.

I've noticed theres a lot of older people at hardcore events. Doesn't bother me. My parents still go to places like Chicago Rock and they're in their 40's.

Comment

Chicago Rock? We got one of those in Bristol as well.

Comment

Originally posted by crescendo
        Chicago Rock? We got one of those in Bristol as well.
        Have we?!

Comment

Its up to the individual when they want to stop clubbing.
          It may be raining outside but the sun is shining on the inside

Comment

Originally posted by jacaranda
            Its up to the individual when they want to stop clubbing.
            I agree. I don't think there's any "should" about it...
            Everything is okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end.

Comment

Re: At what age should you stop clubbing?

My friend pointed out a guy in a club one day, and told me that he was about 38 years old. I thought that was pushing it a bit.
              Personally, I don't think I'd feel right going clubbing if I'm over 30 years old.

HA HA H HA HA HA HA AH AH come back and say that when you're 33 - like me!!!!!!

or stop dead at midnight on the eve of your 30'th birthday!!

Comment

Where in the rulebook does it say you have to stop when you reach XX age ??

I say if you enjoy it stuff what anyone else thinks and keep going as long as you can ...

Me ... You're gonna have to carry my cold dead body off the dancefloor 'cause I'm going out 'avin' it !!!! :D
                Today's show has been brought to you by the letter "E" and the number "13" ....

A little bit more about the cookie's ingredients

"Legends In Our Own Minds"
                I.N.K. Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by LacyMay
                  Have we?!
                  Yup, on the waterfront (near Evolution).

Comment

Re: At what age should you stop clubbing?

ha ha ha! What a load of bollox. I'm nearly 32, I've been partying for 13 years and still going strong. One of my best mates came to visit this weekend and she's 40 and still loving it.
                    Most of the places I go to, the crowd tends to be late 20's to 40's anyway.
                    viva acid house

Comment

When i was at uni, I went to The Garage in Glasgow at leat once a week. Now I go about once a month. Last time I was there I had a look about me and realised that I really shouldn't be there. I know 24 isn't over the hill, but everyone ther just looked so young, with no responsabilities.

But I love the place and don't wanna stop going. I really should start going somewhere a bit more upmarket, but I don't really do upmarket! Plus a vod and coke is 50p in the garage and 3.50 in the posh places.
                      Some days I'm easy, my thoughts are for free.
                      Some days I'm mean, don't mess with me.
                      Today I'm just thoughtful, nothing sneaky,
                      just plain and simple, not even cheeky....

lovedup x

Comment

I think it's time to call it a day when half the club looks at you thinking 'What the fuck is he/she doing here?' On saying that, there's a club near me where an 86 year old man goes. Hes a pure legend. Got a mention on Radio 1's oldest clubber competition.

RaVe tO tHe fcUkiNg gRavE!
                        "I'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I think it depends on the place really, I do think there are clubs where older people would look a bit out of place, not that its a huge problem. If you go to somewhere like Turnmills theres always quite a few people in their 30's. And if you go to any of the acid techno partys theres a massive range.
                          My great uncle died while trying to put the ancient Chinese board game he had just bought and had been saving up for on a set of scales, still its the go he would have wanted to weigh.

Comment

Obviously much older people look out-of-place, but if they enjoy it, who are we to spoil their fun?

The town in which I live has a Chicago Rock. It is ludicrously expensive, and generally filled with middle-aged people. I vividly remember one occasion during which a woman, probably at least 50, said 'aren't you a nice young man?' in a non-motherly-like voice. I hastily returned to the bar.
                            Last edited by D'OHnut; 07-04-2003, 01:31 PM.
                            Hoity toity, lardy dar, fannying about!

Comment

One of ma mates is 39 and he can club it with the best of them... and even older than that at a rave a few months ago my bf got talking to a teenage boy, his dad, and grandad.... i think its great! who says clubs are just for ppl in their 20s i hope im stil going when im a lil old granny!

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

TheSite.org is delivered by YouthNet UK. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                              X