Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Gender & Sexuality forum: now open!

Hey everyone,

You spoke and it was thus: due to popular demand and to celebrate Pride month, we're delighted to launch our new Gender & Sexuality forum!

Why not head over now and take a look around. Make sure you look through the guidelines (and add your own suggestions) and read all about the history of Pride

This is your space - feel free to make it yours and post away!

James, Aife, Mike & Kathleen
(The Mix team)
2 of 2 < >

Post of The Month (April)

Maisy is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community:

"You're not bitchy at all. What this guy did to you, and how he invalidates it afterwards is horrific and you deserve justice. Rape can happen to anyone..."

(Click for full post)
See more
See less

Support chat for under 16s

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support chat for under 16s

This is a chat we’ll be running every 2 weeks, we’re really excited about this new chat that we’ll be running!

You may remember last year we asked you guys what you thought around how we should include people under 16 in the community. We spent a long time looking at all your responses which we found really helpful. One of the things that came out really clearly was that most of you felt that is would be good to have different spaces for older members and younger members.

So we’re really excited to announce that from this Saturday we’ll be running fortnightly support chats for all of you aged between 11 and 16

These sessions will run from 6pm to 7.30pm and like support chat will be a place where you can talk about anything on your mind, but the structure of the chats will be a little bit different from the support chats.

These chats will be more moderator led and moderators will ask questions to the room and everyone to answer. The moderator will ask if anyone in the room would like to ask a question and then if you do let will let each person take it in turns to ask their question. This is similar to the way Support Circle and Expert chats usually work. Jane will be modding this chat.

Please have a look at our chat guidelines for more info on what you can or can’t talk about http://www.themix.org.uk/about-us/chat-guidelines

We’ll also be running Support Circles for 11 to 16 year olds once a month which will work the same way as the usual Support Circles that we run. If you’re not sure what support circle is it’s a chat where everyone takes it in turns to get support and give support to others.

We’re looking for people who would like to become listeners in these chats. We’ll contact those who’ve already registered interest and if you haven’t already registered interest then please do send us a PM if you’d like to get involved.

If you’re under 16 and you’d like to come along you can join the chat from this page on Saturday from 6pm. http://www.themix.org.uk/get-support/group-chat

Steph
    Last edited by Mike; 22-02-2017, 04:49 PM. Reason: Just fixed a hyperlink
    We're James, Aife & Mike: the staff team here at The Mix.
    If you have any questions about this place, feel free to
    ask over in the
    Help Desk or send us a private message.

Im interested in being a listener but think you know that already, not sure.

Comment

I am intrested in being a listener as well

Comment

I'm interested and would like to be apart of it
        Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.
        Dr. Seuss

Comment

I'm interested in being a listener. I cant remember now if I signed up. I think I did but not 100% sure. :-)
          Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, I will try again tomorrow

Think ability, not disability

Comment

YASSSS! OMG OMG OMG! THIS IS VERY EXCITING!!!!

Now I remember why I joined this site!

14 year old me!
            "Truely independent person who doesn't do quotes, just dates".. (29.04.17)

Comment

Double post, but will this chat be in the Support Chat chat room or will it be a different one?

Comment

Hey everyone,

For those of you who showed interest in being listeners when we did the consultation last year, we'll be getting in touch with you via PM. If you're interested but didn't sign up the first time round, let us know via PM (unless you've said so in this thread, in which case we'll drop you a message).

Elleloveschocolate - 'tis exciting! It will be in the regular support chat room.

Mike
                ask over in the

Comment

Originally posted by The Mix View Post
                  Hey everyone,

For those of you who showed interest in being listeners when we did the consultation last year, we'll be getting in touch with you via PM. If you're interested but didn't sign up the first time round, let us know via PM (unless you've said so in this thread, in which case we'll drop you a message).

Elleloveschocolate - 'tis exciting! It will be in the regular support chat room.

Mike
                  Ok 😊

Comment

Originally posted by Elleloveschocolate View Post

Ok 😊
                    Scratch that - we actually just made a new chat room for it!

Mike
                    ask over in the

Comment

Originally posted by The Mix View Post

Scratch that - we actually just made a new chat room for it!

Mike
                      This is soooooo exciting!!!!

Comment

I see hmm

Thanks for letting me know in my inbox

So what room will it be in and starts this saturday?

Comment

How do I access the new chat room?

Comment

This may be a silly question....but what's a listener? What do they do? I'm curious....

Comment

Originally posted by Maisy View Post
                              This may be a silly question....but what's a listener? What do they do? I'm curious....
                              Hey Maisy they probably just are people who sign up to support others in the chats, but I'm not sure myself...

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                              X