Expert chat: Impress for less - romance on a budget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expert chat: Impress for less - romance on a budget

With Valentine's Day coming up, the pressure to do something special for the girlfriend/boyfriend can feel a bit much, especially if the old bank balance still hasn't recovered from Christmas! But of course Valentine's Day isn't the only time relationships can squeeze the wallet. Dates and presents can get pricy, so how can you keep show them how you feel without going skint?!

Money for Life are running an expert chat to help answer this tricky question. The chat will be a chance to explore cheap (but still romantic!) date options, inexpensive (but creative/thoughtful!) gift ideas and other ways to light a spark without breaking the bank.

When and where is it happening?
    The chat will be happening on Wednesday the 8th of Feb, from 6:30pm - 8pm over at Money for Life. (You can find out more about Money for Life in this thread.)

Who is the expert?

We're really excited to welcome back the wonderful Holly Bourne to answer your questions! Holly is the bestselling author of The Manifesto on How To Be Interesting and The Spinster Club books as well as a past relationships advisor here at The Mix. Holly has a wealth of experience offering guidance around relationships and helping people think things through. She'll be drawing on this to help you work out how to be romantic on a budget.

What kinds of things can I ask?
    Maybe you're looking for cheap date or gift ideas? Maybe money is putting pressure on your relationship and you'd like to talk about ways to deal with it? Or maybe you want an answer to the eternal question: who should pay on the first date?!

If any of those apply to you, or you have other questions about how money can affect your relationship, come along and ask

How will the chat work?
    This session is open to anyone Just head to this page any time between 6:30pm and 7:45pm to have a chance to ask a question. The chat will look a little different to the usual chats here on The Mix. For a start, it will be moderated, meaning we'll save any questions you ask in a queue and put them through when the last one has been answered. You won't see a list of users either as we're using different software. But rest assured, we'll be there

As always, you'll also be more than welcome to chip in by sharing experiences and ideas that might be helpful to others.

You will be able to access the chat on the night here: http://www.moneyforlife.org.uk/get-support/expert-chat/

What if I can't make it but I have a question?
    We can accept questions in advance and ask them on the night, however live questions will take priority. If you have a question you'd like answered then please message the mod team with it.

Any other questions, feel free to ask below!

James
    We're James, Steph & Mike: the staff team here at The Mix.
    If you have any questions about this place, feel free to
    ask over in the
    Help Desk or send us a private message.

This is happening tomorrow
    ask over in the

Comment

This is happening in a minute or so guys!
      ask over in the

Comment

yo, please ignore my terrible reading skills
        Last edited by Hiccup; 1 week ago. Reason: Edit: I failed to read good
        You're a ghost at most
        A set of empty bones
        Searching for anything and everything to make you feel whole

Comment

Originally posted by Hiccup View Post
          Yo, this is closed??

It is open, i just checked Hiccup.

Comment

Pls ignore my reading skills ty
            Last edited by Hiccup; 1 week ago. Reason: Edit: lack of reading on my behalf
            You're a ghost at most
            A set of empty bones
            Searching for anything and everything to make you feel whole

Comment

Originally posted by Hiccup View Post
              Not open for me

Tried this link - http://www.moneyforlife.org.uk/get-support/expert-chat/

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
              X

Win Your Summer Wardrobe!

Take our survey for a chance to win a 200 ASOS clothes voucher or one of 80 10 Amazon vouchers.

Click to take the survey