Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Expert chat: Making your student loan last (Wed 18th Jan, 6:30 - 8pm)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expert chat: Making your student loan last (Wed 18th Jan, 6:30 - 8pm)

Did you know that this is longest uni term of the year?
    Did you know it's also when students struggle with money most?

Managing money can be tough, especially when at uni. We've probably all heard stories about someone who spent the whole of their student loan in the first few weeks and was left barely able to buy food or pay the rent! But as Save the Student explain, it can be tricky even when being careful. So we're running an expert chat all about making your loan last.

[source: Save the Student - Student money survey 2016]

When and where is it happening?
    The chat will be happening on Wednesday the 18th of Jan, from 6:30pm - 8pm over at Money for Life. (You can find out more about Money for Life in this thread.)

Who is the expert?

We're really excited to welcome Ani to answer your questions. Ani works as a student advisor at Ravensbourne College and sits on the board for the National Association of Student Money Advisors. Through her job, she's helped tons of students manage their money and apply for financial aid such as hardship loans. She also loves music, true crime podcasts, reading and writing short stories.

What kinds of things can I ask?
    Anything and everything about managing money while at uni or college! This could mean asking for advice around student loans, budgeting, spending less, saving, how not to spend your whole loan at once, dealing with pressure from friends, what kinds of financial aid might be available and how to apply for it and so on.

If you're not a student but are thinking about going to uni or college, you're also welcome to come along

How will the chat work?
    This session is open to anyone Just head to this page any time between 6:30pm and 7:45pm to have a chance to ask a question. The chat will look a little different to the usual chats here on The Mix. For a start, it will be moderated, meaning we'll save any questions you ask in a queue and put them through when the last one has been answered. You won't see a list of users either as we're using different software. But rest assured, we'll be there

As always, you'll also be more than welcome to chip in by sharing experiences and ideas that might be helpful to others.

You will be able to access the chat on the night here: http://www.moneyforlife.org.uk/get-support/expert-chat/

What if I can't make it but I have a question?
    We can accept questions in advance and ask them on the night, however live questions will take priority. If you have a question you'd like answered then please message the mod team with it.

Any other questions, feel free to ask below!

James
    We're James, Steph & Mike: the staff team here at The Mix.
    If you have any questions about this place, feel free to
    ask over in the
    Help Desk or send us a private message.

This is happening tomorrow evening (Wed, from 6:30pm)

James
    ask over in the

Comment

If this was earlier by a few days, I wouldn't already be broke xD
      In the land of gods and monsters, I was an angel. Living in the garden of evil.

Comment

Originally posted by WhispersOfTheHeart View Post
        If this was earlier by a few days, I wouldn't already be broke xD

i feel you on that one..
        im pretty much broke now because i had to put 400 aside for a diposit on next years student house

Comment

Great to see some enthusiasm for this chat!

We'll be kicking things off at 6:30 this evening, hope to see you guys there

Here's a reminder about how to get there and what to expect:
          How will the chat work?
          This session is open to anyone Just head to this page any time between 6:30pm and 7:45pm to have a chance to ask a question. The chat will look a little different to the usual chats here on The Mix. For a start, it will be moderated, meaning we'll save any questions you ask in a queue and put them through when the last one has been answered. You won't see a list of users either as we're using different software. But rest assured, we'll be there

As always, you'll also be more than welcome to chip in by sharing experiences and ideas that might be helpful to others.

You will be able to access the chat on the night here: http://www.moneyforlife.org.uk/get-support/expert-chat/
          See you there

James
          ask over in the

Comment

We're starting the chat now!

Come on over

James
            ask over in the

Comment

Typical uni student, ended up sleeping through the chat
              You're a ghost at most
              A set of empty bones
              Searching for anything and everything to make you feel whole

Comment

it's still on till 8
                As said by Waynester Pickle - "Hann's Law, which states washing up must be done before 8:30" 22/12/14

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                X

Win Your Summer Wardrobe!

Take our survey for a chance to win a 200 ASOS clothes voucher or one of 80 10 Amazon vouchers.

Click to take the survey