Coin Sorting Machines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coin Sorting Machines

I'm doing a clear up and found loads of small value coins, so I thught I'd stick them in one of thse machines that have at Asda to get money towards shopping, what I want to know is what happens if there is foreign coins mixed in there as well? Does the machine throw a fit?

Ask someone in Asda.
    "He who dares wins"

"Happiness can't be found when we are yearning for new desires"

Comment

I used one once and anything that wasn't kosher it just kicked out.
      Voted Poster of the Year: 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Shogun
        Ask someone in Asda.

If I did that you'd be outta job!!

Plus I don't fancy lugging 5 kilos worth of coins there and having to be told you need to remove the foriegn coins by hand and lugging it back home again, I wanna get rid of it!!

Comment

It chucks them out. They can tell the difference.

We did it a while back and we ended up with a few bits and bobs at the end that the machine didn't like.
          We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope.
          - Martin Luther King

me

pretty in purple

Comment

Originally posted by littlemissy
            It chucks them out. They can tell the difference.

We did it a while back and we ended up with a few bits and bobs at the end that the machine didn't like.

Cool, any idea what commission they charge?

Comment

I don't work in Asda.

I know what you mean diamond, maybe phone the place and see what they say.
              "He who dares wins"

"Happiness can't be found when we are yearning for new desires"

Comment

Sommat like 7% for charity.
                Voted Poster of the Year: 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by JsT
                  Sommat like 7% for charity.
                  yeh its usually 6p or 7p in every

but then again because banks only take set precise amounts in bags, its usually quite good taking your change to a coin sorter thing like in asda, cause then you get rid of it all rather than been lumbered with whats left over from the bank

Comment

[QUOTE=Shogun]I don't work in Asda.
                    QUOTE]

I meant you'd be out of a forum post answering job

It's like when I once went into Abbey National to deposit a cheque, the women tell me I should put it in the machine, but I thought if everyone used the friggin machine she'd be out of a job!!

Comment

its not much commission they take. Its still worth it. If I remember rightly, they either give you cash and take commission or they take less commission and give you the amount in vouchers.

Comment

Originally posted by rainbow brite
                        its not much commission they take. Its still worth it. If I remember rightly, they either give you cash and take commission or they take less commission and give you the amount in vouchers.

I think asda one gives you a voucher to spend on stuff in the store

Comment

Why not just bag them up & take them to the post office or bank

Comment

because the bags you have in the banks and post offices take a set amount and you might always be left over with a lot of crud that isnt quite enough to make up another bag in each type of coinage

do the asda thing or any coin sorter machine for that manner, donate a little to charity that you are hardly going to miss, and be left with no loose change in your hands

Comment

i was in charge of the one at work and it was 7%.

it prints out a coupon and you can have it off ur shopping or exchange it at customer services for cash.
                              might be different now though
                              my lj -comment to be added

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.
                              - Eleanor Roosevelt

Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, this time more wisely.
                              - Anonymous .

Anyone who thinks Sunshine is pure happiness has never danced in a summer rainstorm - Anon

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

TheSite.org is delivered by YouthNet UK. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                              X

A short TheSite survey: to help us help you

Hi there! Please take a minute to answer this short survey. The information you give us will only be used to help us better understand our users and improve our services. The survey is anonymous. Thank you for helping us out.

Click to take the survey >