if it moves fuck with it!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if it moves fuck with it!

we have just sent a missile to attack ...a comet.
    smash into it. make a big hole in it.
    it has been hurtling around undistubed by earths inhabitants for millions of years ...now we have to go and interfere ...

Thats humans for you.....

What's it to do with, high velocity impact tests?
    "Yesterday is yesterday, if we try to re-capture it, we will only lose tommorow"

Comment

America probably thought it was allied with the middle east...
      A)- d-_-b

B)- how u make that inverted b?
      B)- wait
      B)- never mind

Comment

Yeah heard this in the news. The NASA guys want to see what it's made of and maybe holds the secrets of the universe in it or something. It's also a test that the yanks are carrying out to see if it's possible to divert a comet and knowing the Yanks they'll manage to nudge this perfectly safe comet our way.
        V o c a l C a f . c o . u k

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaMaster
          Yeah heard this in the news. The NASA guys want to see what it's made of and maybe holds the secrets of the universe in it or something. It's also a test that the yanks are carrying out to see if it's possible to divert a comet and knowing the Yanks they'll manage to nudge this perfectly safe comet our way.
          I've read that we don't possess the capable fire power to destroy a comet, such as in the film Armageddon. Any attempts with nuclear devices would, at the most, fragment one big comet into a number of smaller fragments that would be even more devestating because they'd cause numerous impacts over the Earth.
          Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Rev. Ian Paisley on the Vatican City: "A NEST OF POPERY!"

Andrew's a starfighter pilot.
          Andy, you're a star.

Comment

I think the point of this comet-smasher is merely to enable scientists to find out the make up of the comets core...
            Wake up! Time to die...

It is my firm belief that it is a mistake to hold firm beliefs

Comment

Thanks to the font I'm using, I read "comet" as "cornet"... Attacking a musical instrument with a missile, lol.

I have mixed feelings about the real thing... One one hand it's destruction of something natural which should be a big no-no, but on the other hand it might give some interesting information...
              "The exposure of truth sometimes results in tragedy... However! No matter how tragic the truth may be, it would be an even greater tragedy to avert one's eyes from it." ~Miles Edgeworth
              ---
              If you don't like where you are, move. You are not a tree.
              ---
              The truth of a proposition has nothing to do with its credibility, and vice versa.

Comment

how many peicres it will break into they know not ...trajectories for these pices then, unknown.
                if they fuck it up ...lets hope any damage they cuase is on american soil.

Comment

saw this on the news last night myself, i'm sure they coulda put that X amount on millions of pounds to better use, don't you think
                  Conformity before conscience Uniformity before faith!

To infinity and beyond!

"the reason i took drugs in the first place was because ...i was confused.
                  it's all become clear since" -Rolly.

Just as it is true that a stream cannot rise above its source, so it is true that a national literature cannot rise above the moral level of the social conditions of the people from whom it derives its inspiration-James Connolly.

Comment

Originally posted by turlough
                    saw this on the news last night myself, i'm sure they coulda put that X amount on millions of pounds to better use, don't you think
                    I'm all for this comet smasher actually, think it'll be pretty interesting to find out whether or not the theorised inards of the comet are the same as what they find...

but then I've always been interested in astrophysics

and plus, i dont think they're blowing it into little pieces, just smashing into it so they're nearer the core... I forget
                    Wake up! Time to die...

Comment

[QUOTE=Replicant]
                      and plus, i dont think they're blowing it into little pieces, QUOTE]not intentionaly no ...

Comment

george bush moves

argh

Comment

Originally posted by morrocan roll
                          Originally posted by Replicant
                          and plus, i dont think they're blowing it into little pieces,
                          not intentionaly no ...

ahh, i see what you mean

there is a chance it could break into bits if it was inherently unstable, however I believe the comet is a hell of a lot bigger than the diddy rocket they'll be shooting at it.

clicky and linky
                          Last edited by Replicant; 13-01-2005, 06:17 PM.
                          Wake up! Time to die...

Comment

.... After all, one day there will be another impact, so the more we do now the better for when the situation arises...

If you think about it though, would the government tell us about an iminent earth impact, i highly doubt it!
                            "Yesterday is yesterday, if we try to re-capture it, we will only lose tommorow"

Comment

Link to story?
                              "Don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter."

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

TheSite.org is delivered by YouthNet UK. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                              X