Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Get involved

Fancy hosting one of our General Chats, or getting involved with the community in another way? Let us know here.
2 of 2 < >

Post of The Month (July)

Aidan is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey Lucie,

You say you're still on medication and have had lots of therapy? Maybe it's a matter of revisiting old coping techniques and anything else like that, that therapy taught you?

And Drea is absolutely right! Even someone with everything material that they could ever want isn't insusceptible to mental illness. Any sex, race, age, class; it doesn't discriminate...
"
(Click for full post)
See more
See less

Time for another ranty thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things have been so hard recently, I can't cope with it all
    mosaics are made from broken pieces but they’re still works of art, and so are you.

It's stormy now, but the suns gonna shine again, even the worst storms gotta end.

Comment

• When you build up the courage to go do a food shop to find the shop choosen doesn't have half the stuff I came out to get. I know that's no one's fault but I'm so annoyed and wasted my time. What shop doesn't have carrots and cucumber. Gahh I'm going back to my bed

Comment

• Missed the 10am bus back from my local town cos someone stopped me for a chat. There was meant to be a bus at 10:30, was there? No there bloomin well was not! Had to wait in the pouring rain until 11am. Home now finallyyyyyyy!

Rant over!
        "Truely independent person who doesn't do quotes, just dates".. (29.04.17)

Comment

• so frustrated

Comment

• *Inhales*
            *Exhales*

Comment

• I thought I was doing well, eating more regularly and stopping weighing myself, but in war wrong. Almost collapsed at work today from low blood sugar, I couldn't walk and was shaking so much, greyscale to wake up a guest who's a medic cause they were so worried, I feel so bad, I really thought I was doing better
              mosaics are made from broken pieces but they’re still works of art, and so are you.

It's stormy now, but the suns gonna shine again, even the worst storms gotta end.

Comment

• I really really hate when people belittle and doubt my responses to make me out to look stupid.
                🖕🖕🖕

Comment

• Someone's been in and moved my Fucking dvds... they do this to irritate me then get pissy when I put a lock on my door. Gonna be up late now cleaning and putting them back into order...

Comment

• My phone company is charging me £5 more than they should with no explanation as to why. I'm so mad

Comment

• Hahaha, so we're that short staffed at work my colleague handed in a sick line and they're forcing her to still work. Why am I still working somewhere so unhealthy? Opened the hatch from the upper floor and heard my manager Bitching about me and said colleague.. perfect!

Comment

• "All or nothing" attitudes, also known as "If you're not 100% for us then you are clearly 100% against us".

The idea that if you generally or publicly support/favour a disadvantaged cause, community, way of life, belief etc but offer a degree of critical analysis or disagreement with any part of its principles then you are instantly seen by many as being 'part of the problem', bigoted, some form of '-ist', an oppressor etc.

Let's start with the obvious. Many of these legitimate '-ist' types of people do try to disguise their opinions as 'genuine debate'.

But not all. It's as if any perceived criticism or unsupportive comment is clear evidence of a much bigger and deeper anti-whatever prejudice that totally negates any supportive words, thoughts, actions you have displayed previously.

Holding a partially negative or critical view of something does not automatically make you the enemy or part of the problem.

Feeling slightly uncomfortable about an idea, way of life, social group, community etc does not automatically make you bigoted and more importantly does not necessarily mean you want it stopped, changed or banned.

Neither does not actively or militantly supporting a cause make you part of problem.

Rant over.....and breathe.

Comment

• Feel horrible, dad had his scan last night and they called us today to go into the clinic on Thursday.. they've found something and im dreading to find out what

Comment

• 2 words - EXAM YEAR
                            "Truely independent person who doesn't do quotes, just dates".. (29.04.17)

Comment

• Just want to sleep, but my mind is running 100mph and there's no sign of a break

Comment

• Can't cope, I can't keep up with whats going on around me, I'm distant, and ran out of prn and can't get anymore til Thursday now

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                                X