Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse

Post of The Month (July)

Aidan is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community for the following post:

"Hey Lucie,

You say you're still on medication and have had lots of therapy? Maybe it's a matter of revisiting old coping techniques and anything else like that, that therapy taught you?

And Drea is absolutely right! Even someone with everything material that they could ever want isn't insusceptible to mental illness. Any sex, race, age, class; it doesn't discriminate...
"
(Click for full post)
See more
See less

relatively happy/good news thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't get any sleep last night, and I actually feel good about going to work, I feel energetic/hyperactive, maybe that's because I've hit sleep deprivation point. But I feel good about going to work, I love work, but sometimes, its difficult to get up, dressed and out, but today, I managed it quite easily #RecoveryOnPoint
    In the land of gods and monsters, I was an angel. Living in the garden of evil.

Comment

• Pizza Thursday in the office! #Winning

'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'

'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.

'You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here.'

Comment

• Yay pizza Thursday!

Comment

• Passed my placement module at uni. Finally getting somewhere

Comment

• Pass port came. And nearly sorted out tickets!!!
            The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide you are not going to stay where you are

Comment

• Originally posted by ellaleftwonderland

now i want pizza have you ever been to franco manca?
              Oh my gosh, yes. There's one right around the corner from my house. Me and a friend of mine went to one of those opened out ones with heaters outside.
              'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'

Comment

• Originally posted by ellaleftwonderland

OMGGGG I LOVE IT SO MUCH there's two literally walking distance from my flat and me & my flat mate had it last night, dreams

Quite jealous (even though I had Dominos last night...)! I actually haven't been there in a while - I need to go again and relive the deliciousness. Someone else was singing Franco Manca's praises to me recently too!

Comment

• my sister is out of surgery and everything went fine.. yayayayay

Comment

• Originally posted by evie_rose View Post
                    my sister is out of surgery and everything went fine.. yayayayay

So glad to hear that your sister's surgery went well. Has she been recovering well?

-Kathleen

Comment

• Been reunited with my little siblings. Got a picnic in the woods planned today. So happy

Comment

• a handful of my photos have been selected to be put on the sells market. i could earn up to 250pounds per sale.. im so freaking happy. hopefully they sell

Comment

• I start my new job tomorrow :D :D :D
                          Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, I will try again tomorrow

Think ability, not disability

Comment

• Yesterday I went for a walk and I bumped into a lady walking her dog so we decided to walk up the hill together and even though she strugled I kept cheering her on. We got talking and she asked if I was also heading towards the tram and I just told her that I was going for a walk because I'd been indoors a bit too much lately. At this point we had reached the top of the hill but she was knackered and kept apologising for stopping. I reassured her a told her that it was absolutely fine, I wasn't there to judge and that she could stay up there if she wanted to. The view was beautiful, the sky was clear and the sun was on it's way to setting.

At one point she opened up to me a told me about her depression amongst other things. I just listened, offered compassion where it was due and told her a bit about myself. In the end it was time for me to go, I could tell she wasn't one for words and a little withdrawn but without hesitation she hugged and smiled with a look of relief. I think she just needed to be heard and understood. It wasn't a half arsed hug but a proper one and she looked me in the eyes and said thank you and went on her way.

It felt like in the those few seconds, she felt safe and completely at ease. A stranger that I'd never met before. Maybe yesterday was a hard day, I'll never know but I'm glad I managed to help somehow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Salix alba View Post
                              Yesterday I went for a walk and I bumped into a lady walking her dog so we decided to walk up the hill together and even though she strugled I kept cheering her on. We got talking and she asked if I was also heading towards the tram and I just told her that I was going for a walk because I'd been indoors a bit too much lately. At this point we had reached the top of the hill but she was knackered and kept apologising for stopping. I reassured her a told her that it was absolutely fine, I wasn't there to judge and that she could stay up there if she wanted to. The view was beautiful, the sky was clear and the sun was on it's way to setting.

At one point she opened up to me a told me about her depression amongst other things. I just listened, offered compassion where it was due and told her a bit about myself. In the end it was time for me to go, I could tell she wasn't one for words and a little withdrawn but without hesitation she hugged and smiled with a look of relief. I think she just needed to be heard and understood. It wasn't a half arsed hug but a proper one and she looked me in the eyes and said thank you and went on her way.

It felt like in the those few seconds, she felt safe and completely at ease. A stranger that I'd never met before. Maybe yesterday was a hard day, I'll never know but I'm glad I managed to help somehow.
                              This is the sweetest thing!

Comment

• For me After 5 weeks of not being able to leave the house on my own and relaying on other to get me around I have finally bitten the apple and got on the bus. 5 weeks ago my independence was taken away from me and now I'm feeling better. I have got the bus on my own. travelled through the area where it happened and now I think I'm ready. Its not a massive achievement but its my bit of good news.

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                                X