Essential support for under 25s

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Gender & Sexuality forum: now open!

Hey everyone,

You spoke and it was thus: due to popular demand and to celebrate Pride month, we're delighted to launch our new Gender & Sexuality forum!

Why not head over now and take a look around. Make sure you look through the guidelines (and add your own suggestions) and read all about the history of Pride

This is your space - feel free to make it yours and post away!

James, Aife, Mike & Kathleen
(The Mix team)
2 of 2 < >

Post of The Month (April)

Maisy is our Post of The Month winner voted by the community:

"You're not bitchy at all. What this guy did to you, and how he invalidates it afterwards is horrific and you deserve justice. Rape can happen to anyone..."

(Click for full post)
See more
See less

Want to help us test a new kind of support tool?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to help us test a new kind of support tool?

Hey everyone,

The team here at The Mix is involved with an exciting new project to build a new kind of tool called Bounce, which aims to help people look after their mental health.

Originally posted by the Bounce team
    Bounce helps by changing support-seeking journeys into conversations that provide and inspire positive actions. It doesn’t matter if your issue is small or large, everyone is treated equally and anyone can benefit from a chat with Bounce. Ultimately, the aim is to increase access to mental health support for everyone, using tech.
    We’re looking for some volunteers to try out the first version of Bounce and see how it works for them. All you need to do is have a short online chat, and hopefully by helping us out you’ll get some help and support too.

To begin with, Bounce is focusing on issues surrounding low mood and relationships.
    If you want to be one of the first to try it out, just drop us a PM and we’ll send over the details

In the future, the service will be a chat-bot. Since this is just an initial Beta test, there will be trained professionals behind the scenes ensuring that the robot is responding effectively and helpfully. The conversations with Bounce in this phase will be completely anonymous, but the information you provide will be used to help us ensure that our conversations are helpful.

After your conversation with Bounce, there will be an optional questionnaire. Here, you can provide us with honest and anonymous feedback about your experience with the service. This feedback will also help us hone the tool and ensure that it is as helpful and useful as it can be.

Questions? Post 'em below or get in touch via PM

- James
    We're James, Aife & Mike: the staff team here at The Mix.
    If you have any questions about this place, feel free to
    ask over in the
    Help Desk or send us a private message.

I'm too young to remember ELIZA from the 60's, but that was basically a really awful early chatbot-therapist that used to reply 'and how does that make you feel?' to pretty much everything you wrote.

Is bounce basically a modern ELIZA that actually works? Sorry, I just haven't quite grasped the concept yet and I might be interested in having a go
    SUCCESS is not final, FAILURE is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts

Comment

I am, I've sent a pm
      You are enough

Comment

Originally posted by Aidan View Post
        I'm too young to remember ELIZA from the 60's, but that was basically a really awful early chatbot-therapist that used to reply 'and how does that make you feel?' to pretty much everything you wrote.

Is bounce basically a modern ELIZA that actually works? Sorry, I just haven't quite grasped the concept yet and I might be interested in having a go
        ​Haha, great question Aidan

So the eventual idea is to create something a bit like that - not a therapist necessarily, but something you can have a bit of a conversation with that asks questions, offers some practical suggestions and can signpost to places to get further help. The Bounce team aren't trying to replace traditional counseling or therapy, but create something between that kind of support and having no support.

It's all very early days now though, so it's a bit limited in what it can do.

Does that help a bit?

James
        Critics build nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lostsense View Post
          I am, I've sent a pm
          Thanks lostsense

And thanks to everyone else who's got in touch

Still more spaces going!
          Critics build nothing.

Comment

Yeah I get it now, a bit like this forum except the response is autonomous and quicker.

I think I'd be interested, I'll PM the mix
            SUCCESS is not final, FAILURE is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts

Comment

Great to see some interest in this everyone! We'll be getting back to you all today with more info

Plenty of extra places available for anyone else interested in finding out more.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                Great to see some interest in this everyone! We'll be getting back to you all today with more info

Plenty of extra places available for anyone else interested in finding out more.

Comment

Originally posted by Jellyelephant View Post
                  I would be interested in helping
                  Thanks Jelly - there's a PM waiting for you
                  Critics build nothing.

Comment

Still more spaces going for this if anyone else is interested

PM us for more info!

- James
                    ask over in the

Comment

Just want to say a massive thank you to everyone who took part in this

Lots of you came along to meet baby BounceBot and your feedback has been incredibly useful!

For those interested about what's happening to Bounce now, the next stage is to add more conversations to its repertoire and iron out any kinks. One or two of you managed to break Bounce a little bit (you know who you are ), so the team will be trying to fix those holes too

It's still very early days for Bounce, but your help has been really important to make sure it's on the right track.

Thanks again!

James & the Bounce team
                      ask over in the

Comment

Originally posted by The Mix View Post
                        One or two of you managed to break Bounce a little bit (you know who you are ), so the team will be trying to fix those holes too
                        Defo wasn't me...
                        As said by Waynester Pickle - "Hann's Law, which states washing up must be done before 8:30" 22/12/14

Comment

I think it was broken before I touched it, it gave me the silent treatment for 5 minutes whilst I tried to connect

Comment

Hide this page

Local Advice Finder

Find local services

The Mix. Registered charity number: 1048995

Working...
                          X