PDA

View Full Version : Nice Places To Visit In England ?? Any Tips ?

boomting
25-01-2005, 02:35 PM
hello everyone, my girlfriend has just been told that we can go away to anywhere in the country paid by her work, so just wondering if any1 has any ideas of where we should go and visit ? some where which has good places to see in the day aswell as a good nightlife would be cool. Thanks alot .

25-01-2005, 02:41 PM
Well when you say nice what are you looking for? ie lots of shops, a nice beach, nice area for walking in, touristy attractions, good food and all that. My favourite place in the UK is probabaly Whitby, but that would be lacking on the nightlife you are after.
Depends what else you are after really, Newquay has a beach and some night clubs you might enjoy it there?

boomting
25-01-2005, 02:43 PM
shops, and nice area for tourist attractions, and walking.

25-01-2005, 02:46 PM
shops, and nice area for tourist attractions, and walking.

Well you might like Cornwall/Newquay then. Yorkshire is nice for walking in but i wouldn't know much about the nightlife. Bournmouth also seems quite popular nowdays but i find it a bit naff and over touristy.

ShyBoy
25-01-2005, 02:52 PM
East Midlands ;) we have the national forest (basically lots of woodland and country walks etc) and Nottingham supposedly has a good nightlife.

25-01-2005, 02:58 PM
East Midlands ;) we have the national forest (basically lots of woodland and country walks etc) and Nottingham supposedly has a good nightlife.

:lol: Noooo don't come here Leicestershire is possibly the furthest away from the sea you can get :(
Nottingham is the best for nightlife and stuff round here but if you was going to visit anywhere for that Manchester has pretty much a bit of everything.

Dear Wendy
25-01-2005, 03:02 PM
London!!!

Guestman
25-01-2005, 03:13 PM
Brighton for its nightlife not saying that cause i come from there honest (no really i'm not!)

Skive
25-01-2005, 03:15 PM
New Forest with Bournemouth nearby. Newquay is good in the summer. Bath is nice too. Stay in the south it's nice and sunny + people talk properly.

Tweety
25-01-2005, 03:41 PM
Devon & cornwall.

Indrid Cold
25-01-2005, 03:46 PM
London!!!
I'd agree with that... But mainly because the only part of Britain I've seen except London is the Stonehenge.

Makoto
25-01-2005, 03:51 PM
Newquay is great fun in the summer, dunno about this time a year though.

Namaste
25-01-2005, 04:02 PM
London!!!
:yes: Totally.

Fiend_85
25-01-2005, 04:08 PM
Travel forum.

SuzyCreamcheese
25-01-2005, 04:51 PM
I think Newquay.

Kaff
25-01-2005, 05:04 PM
hold on....

hello everyone, my girlfriend has just been told that we can go away to anywhere in the country paid by her work

:chin:

morrocan roll
25-01-2005, 05:49 PM
where are you coming from ...outer mongolia ...cos even birmingham would look good then ...where do you live?

Mist
25-01-2005, 05:52 PM
where are you coming from ...outer mongolia ...cos even birmingham would look good then ...where do you live?

he lives in london, apparently. From the travel forum -

i already live in london,why the hell would i want to take her there ?

*Lea*
25-01-2005, 06:07 PM
Newcastle is good for clubs and it's not far from countryside and the coast.

Miffy
25-01-2005, 08:32 PM
I'd agree with that... But mainly because the only part of Britain I've seen except London is the Stonehenge.

Oh dear. Hope you weren't too disappointed that it's a bit run down and not in the middle of nowhere like you'd imagine. I used to live about a mile from there before I came here, I could see it from the bus on the way into town!

Miffy
25-01-2005, 08:33 PM
where are you coming from ...outer mongolia ...cos even birmingham would look good then

D'ya reckon?! :eek2:

Skive
25-01-2005, 08:59 PM
Oh dear. Hope you weren't too disappointed that it's a bit run down and not in the middle of nowhere like you'd imagine. I used to live about a mile from there before I came here, I could see it from the bus on the way into town!

364 days a year the Stones are extremely boring. The summer soltace however is great fun.

TBH mate Newquay in the summer is your best bet I think.

loopy
25-01-2005, 09:18 PM
Totally agree with Skive! Somerset is lovely - lots of country and Taunton for night life! hastings and Brighton are good also.

BeckyBoo
25-01-2005, 09:31 PM
North East, is a must.
We have everything here, The Metro centre for shopping,Newcastle for pubs, beaches, museums, countryside and just a bit further you have the borders.......who needs any more than that ?

Skive
25-01-2005, 09:37 PM
North East, is a must.
We have everything here, The Metro centre for shopping,Newcastle for pubs, beaches, museums, countryside and just a bit further you have the borders.......who needs any more than that ?

Don't forget the rain and the cold.

BeckyBoo
25-01-2005, 09:40 PM
Don't forget the rain and the cold.

Shurrup.....thats a minor detail :p

Girl_gunner
25-01-2005, 09:43 PM
come to cambridgeeeee

Shogun
25-01-2005, 09:45 PM
Don't forgetpeople who live in the North of England are also more prone to illness and sickness as they are less aware of health issues.

What's Bath like Skive?

DG
25-01-2005, 09:47 PM
hello everyone, my girlfriend has just been told that we can go away to anywhere in the country paid by her work, so just wondering if any1 has any ideas of where we should go and visit ? some where which has good places to see in the day aswell as a good nightlife would be cool. Thanks alot .

What kind of work pays for you to go on holiday?

Where are you coming from?

Indrid Cold
25-01-2005, 10:19 PM
First time I read this, I thought you meant London. :lol:

It was pretty much in the middle of nowhere, still. The reasons I was disappointed were that 1) I wasn't allowed to walk in the monument and 2) I heard no strange voices, saw no sparks and nothing weird happened (I was 14 and expecting the paranormal to touch me, lol).

Skive
25-01-2005, 10:37 PM
What's Bath like Skive?

Beautiful town, though I'm not sure what there is to do round there. I just like the look of the place and wouldn't mind living there.

It was pretty much in the middle of nowhere, still. The reasons I was disappointed were that 1) I wasn't allowed to walk in the monument and 2) I heard no strange voices, saw no sparks and nothing weird happened (I was 14 and expecting the paranormal to touch me, lol).

The summer solstice it's good fun. I've stood on the stones trippign my nuts off on acid, and watched the sun come up with hundreds of other mess heads with bongo's and digery doos.

Skive
25-01-2005, 11:26 PM
Go to Newquay when they have the Run To The Sun. This year it's happening between Friday 27 May and Monday 30 May.

Guest_
25-01-2005, 11:47 PM
Hang a monkey in Hartlepool!