PDA

View Full Version : At what age should you stop clubbing?

crescendo
04-04-2003, 03:21 PM
My friend pointed out a guy in a club one day, and told me that he was about 38 years old. I thought that was pushing it a bit.
Personally, I don't think I'd feel right going clubbing if I'm over 30 years old.

FreakyMatt
04-04-2003, 04:28 PM
I've noticed theres a lot of older people at hardcore events. Doesn't bother me. My parents still go to places like Chicago Rock and they're in their 40's.

crescendo
04-04-2003, 07:44 PM
Chicago Rock? We got one of those in Bristol as well.

Lacy
04-04-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by crescendo
Chicago Rock? We got one of those in Bristol as well.

Have we?!

jacaranda
04-04-2003, 09:02 PM
Its up to the individual when they want to stop clubbing.

xapis
04-04-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by jacaranda
Its up to the individual when they want to stop clubbing.

I agree. I don't think there's any "should" about it...

byny
04-04-2003, 10:27 PM
My friend pointed out a guy in a club one day, and told me that he was about 38 years old. I thought that was pushing it a bit.
Personally, I don't think I'd feel right going clubbing if I'm over 30 years old.

HA HA H HA HA HA HA AH AH come back and say that when you're 33 - like me!!!!!!

or stop dead at midnight on the eve of your 30'th birthday!!

CookieMonster
05-04-2003, 09:37 AM
Where in the rulebook does it say you have to stop when you reach XX age ??

I say if you enjoy it stuff what anyone else thinks and keep going as long as you can ...

Me ... You're gonna have to carry my cold dead body off the dancefloor 'cause I'm going out 'avin' it !!!! :D

crescendo
05-04-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by LacyMay
Have we?! Yup, on the waterfront (near Evolution).

Blagsta
06-04-2003, 10:06 PM

ha ha ha! What a load of bollox. I'm nearly 32, I've been partying for 13 years and still going strong. One of my best mates came to visit this weekend and she's 40 and still loving it.
Most of the places I go to, the crowd tends to be late 20's to 40's anyway.

lovedup
06-04-2003, 10:19 PM
When i was at uni, I went to The Garage in Glasgow at leat once a week. Now I go about once a month. Last time I was there I had a look about me and realised that I really shouldn't be there. I know 24 isn't over the hill, but everyone ther just looked so young, with no responsabilities.

But I love the place and don't wanna stop going. I really should start going somewhere a bit more upmarket, but I don't really do upmarket! Plus a vod and coke is 50p in the garage and 3.50 in the posh places.

Addict
06-04-2003, 11:07 PM
I think it's time to call it a day when half the club looks at you thinking 'What the fuck is he/she doing here?' On saying that, there's a club near me where an 86 year old man goes. Hes a pure legend. Got a mention on Radio 1's oldest clubber competition.

RaVe tO tHe fcUkiNg gRavE!

budda
07-04-2003, 11:16 AM
I think it depends on the place really, I do think there are clubs where older people would look a bit out of place, not that its a huge problem. If you go to somewhere like Turnmills theres always quite a few people in their 30's. And if you go to any of the acid techno partys theres a massive range.

D'OHnut
07-04-2003, 12:25 PM
Obviously much older people look out-of-place, but if they enjoy it, who are we to spoil their fun?

The town in which I live has a Chicago Rock. It is ludicrously expensive, and generally filled with middle-aged people. I vividly remember one occasion during which a woman, probably at least 50, said 'aren't you a nice young man?' in a non-motherly-like voice. I hastily returned to the bar. :lol: :naughty:

lil_minx
11-04-2003, 07:42 AM
One of ma mates is 39 and he can club it with the best of them... and even older than that at a rave a few months ago my bf got talking to a teenage boy, his dad, and grandad.... i think its great! who says clubs are just for ppl in their 20s i hope im stil going when im a lil old granny! :p

VinylVicky
15-04-2003, 06:32 PM

30?? god thats only 9 yrs away!!!! argh!!!!!!
as if 30 is old, my mum is 38 and she got me into dance music and she still clubbing, mind u she does look about 30 and has a figure to die for. I admit some older people look funny but thats up to them.

anyway, my personal opinion is YOU SHOULD NEVER GIVE UP CLUBBING!!!!!!!

CookieMonster
16-04-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by VinylVicky

anyway, my personal opinion is YOU SHOULD NEVER GIVE UP CLUBBING!!!!!!!

Words to live by there ... :yes:

They're gonna have to carry me off the dancefloor when I go ... :D

VinylVicky
16-04-2003, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by CookieMonster
Words to live by there ... :yes:

They're gonna have to carry me off the dancefloor when I go ... :D

my funeral after party is gona be in my fave club :D

CookieMonster
16-04-2003, 06:51 PM
Too right !!

And they sure as heck won't be handing out hymn sheets at mine I can tell ya ... ;) :D

big_man_with_a_
17-04-2003, 12:53 PM
what age? 16...

David Grohl
20-04-2003, 03:31 AM
i think if you think your up foir it and still enjoy the shit then why not! music is for everyone no matter what age they are.....lol

STRANGE woman
20-04-2003, 11:22 PM
I first went clubbing at hardcore nights when they kicked off big style in 1990 - I was 25. Them days 25 was old for hardcore clubbing. Now 25 is nowt for clubbing. Im 38 in September..Ive never been married...no kids...still have the looks and figure...and know more about music than any lass Ive come across yet.

In 13 years...differences in ..... age/race/sexuality...has changed so much and everyone just seems to accept everyone for what they are now.

Everyone seems much more broad minded.

The world just keeps on getting better.

Monserrat
24-04-2003, 09:01 PM
I can see myself clubbing until the early 30s. After that, I'll probably stick with the festivals like Homelands and GCSSS.

I didn't go to my first club until I was 20. My club visits in the first year were the local student and cheese venues, being the only places I was aware of. My sister takes me to club DNA in Birmingham when I was 21 and the rest was history. I don't know why it took Sundissential two years to find out about DNA!

VinylVicky
25-04-2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Monserrat
I don't know why it took Sundissential two years to find out about DNA!

and they didnt stay long, weirdos

felis
27-04-2003, 12:12 PM
and now it's a wonderful strip supermarket... :(

VinylVicky
28-04-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by felis
and now it's a wonderful strip supermarket... :(

really? oh no, thats terrible :mad:

it was good @ the emporium, sat night

Faith
30-04-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by lovedup
Last time I was there I had a look about me and realised that I really shouldn't be there. I know 24 isn't over the hill, but everyone ther just looked so young, with no responsabilities.

:yes: I'm 22 and the last couple of week have felt so old out clubbing surrounded by 16/17 year olds. I suppose it depends on the places you go though...

lil_minx
15-05-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Faith
:yes: I'm 22 and the last couple of week have felt so old out clubbing surrounded by 16/17 year olds. I suppose it depends on the places you go though...

Yeah im 19 and ive even felt pushing it at one club near me before!!! (swarming with 15 yr olds we left after a pint!) its then that u go to a hardcore- or especially old skool event and u realise that you're still a baby! Everyone was at least 26, theres loads of people in their early 40s it was great! 22 is nothing..... :D

DG
24-05-2003, 06:33 AM
There is a combined club in Hemel Hempstead one called Visage and the other Ethos - they are really just two parts of one club, the larger section Visage is for 18+ age range and the other Ethos is for over 25 only - if you're over 25 you can wonder between the two but if under you have to stay inthe Visage section.

The only thing is the over 25 section is more like over 40+ - it's full of women in their 40's clubbing. Some look like they've never been married and some look like bored housewives on the pull.

Some are totally lovely for their age and look and dress like 20 year olds and some just look their age.

Interesting experience going there.

DamienM
23-04-2011, 04:24 PM
One of ma mates is 39 and he can club it with the best of them... and even older than that at a rave a few months ago my bf got talking to a teenage boy, his dad, and grandad.... i think its great! who says clubs are just for ppl in their 20s i hope im stil going when im a lil old granny! :p

What age were the teenage son,the dad and the grandad your boyfriend met? and don't you think a line needs to be drawn somewhere?

katralla
24-04-2011, 09:12 PM
Aw, look at all the old names...

piccolo
25-04-2011, 10:29 AM
What age were the teenage son,the dad and the grandad your boyfriend met? and don't you think a line needs to be drawn somewhere?

:wave: Welcome! This is a really old thread, so you won't get an answer. You could start a new thread if you like. The post date is at the top of every post so you can see how old it is.

Also, you should take your street address off your profile it's not safe.

Fostress
25-04-2011, 03:37 PM
Closing this now :)

Fostress
25-04-2011, 03:38 PM
*tries to work out how the hell to close threads on the new boards.... :)

Fostress
25-04-2011, 03:39 PM
aha :)